battery relocation ???

BlueSmokem5.0

Established Member
So I need to know how to make sure my battery on/off switch shuts the car off like it should? I read somewhere that the alternator needs to be wired separate or just to shut off the fuel pump with the disconnect switch ? Not the best electrician , but I tried to do this on my 98' GT and fried my alternator !!!

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Take the large wire that goes from the alternator to the battery & run it back to the disconnect. It needs to be on the battery side & not on the side that runs power up to the front... Otherwise the car will run off the alternator when the battery is disconnected...

BlueSmokem5.0

Established Member
Got my battery relocation all finished, turned out nicely!!!
20150101_121745.jpg

20150101_123742.jpg

20150101_122459.jpg

toomnymods

Established Member
nice job.. i finally got around to doing my battery relocation but ran out of time.. here is what i've done so far.. I still have to do all the special battery shutoff and breakers in the wheelwell so I can install my fuel system but I ran out of time.
image_zps34d959cc.gif

Tron84

Damn Newb
Established Member
Have you guys tried shutting down your car while it's running using the shutoff switch yet?
It makes me nervous to kill the power to a running car with all the electronics and everything. Lol
I assume that they will test it at the track during inspection.

BlueSmokem5.0

Established Member
I don't have the intake on my car currently so I can't say if it works , I just wired it the way scott8583 showed in his diagram, maybe he will chime in!! It makes me nervous as well because I burned up my alternator on my 98 gt by installing it incorrect back in the day.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
I've shut mine off... It's fine. The radio comes on when you turn it back on & all your presets are gone.
I doubt the track will even test it. They'll just check to see if it's there.

BlueSmokem5.0

Established Member
I got my car put back together this weekend and everything worked perfect on the battery shut off switch install that Scott8583 recommended. Also when you push the switch off its off instantly!!!

mattu

Established Member
Whats the best wire to use? I have some very thick wire from an old cars sound system (0ga) or should I use something else?

Users who are viewing this thread