Battery & brand options for trunk mount

merkyworks

Established Member
Want to mount my battery in the trunk to free up engine bay space and for better weight distribution/traction. I know some will say just use a small lightweight battery but I don't see that as a good option cause the change in weight distribution/traction would be almost negotiable and I DD this car so the reduced amp capacity would not be good.

Will switch to an AMG style battery and been looking at an XS power D1200 or an Odyssey PC1200 as these are very close to power output/capacity of a Ford BXT-96R.

Those that have mounted a battery in your trunk what size and brand of battery did you do with?

Also do I want to run 2AWG or 0AWG for the power cable?

03 Cobra DSG

Established Member
I have an optima red top, my relocation kit came with 2 gauge wire and it was really hard to start so I switched to high quality 0 gauge for the power and ground and it starts better than before I moved it.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

deepblue13

Established Member
I have an XS Power Battery, can't remember which model but it's large (I'll have to look when I go to shop) with 0 gauge wire.

merkyworks

Established Member
Sounds like 0AWG is the way to go for best starting performance, will go that route.

Is everyone running there battery in a sealed box?

I'm not going to be running an power cut-off switch/full motor kill setup so don't really see the need for a sealed box. Planned to just run the battery with the manufactures aluminum hold down so it takes up the least amount of space in the trunk. There shouldn't be any issues with doing this, right?

Users who are viewing this thread