Bassani w/o cats = SWEET

edslowey

Established Member
Got bored this weekend and took the cats off my Bassani x-pipe. I had not heard one without cats before and WOH BABY does it sound different...much louder and gnarlier sounding. I scared the crap outta some kid in a rice POS that sounded like a bee in a tin can...he decided maybe he didn't want to run with me after all... :p I love the sound, but now I'm paranoid that the noise gestapo is going to pull me over.

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
cool :) i may try doing that too. I was under there the other day trying to get the cats off... but after loosenning the clamps I stilll could not get the cats off or even move a little.

do I just need to use a BFH?

I will try again next weekend

edslowey

Established Member
I had to disconnect the x-pipe at the clamps on the front of the cats and from the cat-back, pull the whole thing out, force the cats off, put the tubes in, and reinstall. It took about 45 minutes in the garage on ramps. It would be a lot easier on a lift. Also, this is important, you need MIL eliminators to hook up to the rear o2 sensors. A pair costs about $50.00.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I have the off-road x-pipe from bassani that comes apart via the clamps... This may be a dumbass question, but does the x-pipe w/cats have the same design? If so, you could just purchase the catted part and retain the X portion...right??? Same x-pipe in other words..

edslowey

Established Member
Mine has a piece that comes down from the headers, clamps on to the cats, then the cats clamp onto the crossover. The kit came with 2 tubes about 16" long that can be clamped in place of the cats. I don't know if the Bassani offroad x-pipe is configured this way or not, I've never seen one. Seems like it would be the same except that you just get the tubes and no cats.

Users who are viewing this thread