• Bassani

Votes: 22 75.9%
  • SLP

Votes: 7 24.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
Tin can sound comes from a chambered style muffler. Thats why flowmaster and mac make that sound.

I heard a mac CB with kooks LT's and X and it sounded so good! Thats what the snakebite car had on it in the vid everyone was asking about.

spartansnake

gamao kotes
Established Member
i love my Bassani with my LT's. Sounds soooo bad ass. But im thinking of going Mac 3", just loving that chambered sound.
To tell you the truth, the best sounding cobra i have ever heard had SLP LT's, O/R X and LM1's...

JJB03COBRA

Established Member
Bassani is defintely the way to go. I love the sound of my Bassani O/R X and Catback. I'm not sure if their is a major sound difference betweeen the 2.5" compared to the 3", but go with the 3". I wish I would have went with the 3".

OrangeCobra2004

Established Member
Tin can sound comes from a chambered style muffler. Thats why flowmaster and mac make that sound.

I heard a mac CB with kooks LT's and X and it sounded so good! Thats what the snakebite car had on it in the vid everyone was asking about.
He is like me. We both agree that the chambered mufflers sound the best on classic's and the push rod 5.0's. Just don't like the way they sound on the modular motors.

Bassani is defintely the way to go. I love the sound of my Bassani O/R X and Catback. I'm not sure if their is a major sound difference betweeen the 2.5" compared to the 3", but go with the 3". I wish I would have went with the 3".
Why's that?

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
He is like me. We both agree that the chambered mufflers sound the best on classic's and the push rod 5.0's. Just don't like the way they sound on the modular motors.

I agree but the snakebite cobra sounds pretty mean with the mac CB. Thats the only reason i would run a Mac CB on this car is from what the snakebite car sounded like in that vid.

I like my bassani but im looking to go with either the Mac now or the stingers. Most likely the stingers...

venmos1

Established Member
i think this thread is misleading. are thoes of you who dislike slp talking about slp lm1 or 2 experiences? i had lm2 catback with stock mid and i thought it sounded great. no drone, no rasp, quite while cruising. then when you drop the hammer she growled. ive never heard the lm1 catback, but from what ive heard and read, its very loud and raspy. the lm2 cb isnt though. i always wanted to hear the lm2 cb with the catted prochamber.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
i think this thread is misleading. are thoes of you who dislike slp talking about slp lm1 or 2 experiences? i had lm2 catback with stock mid and i thought it sounded great. no drone, no rasp, quite while cruising. then when you drop the hammer she growled. ive never heard the lm1 catback, but from what ive heard and read, its very loud and raspy. the lm2 cb isnt though. i always wanted to hear the lm2 cb with the catted prochamber.

HAHA, I was thinking the same thing. I have the LMII's and love them. Nice, deep, aggressive note. They are loud, but not too loud and aren't raspy at all. My only issue with the SLP is the droan. I voted Bassani simply for that reason. Two of my friends have the Bassani catback and their cars are MUCH quieter inside, but nice and loud outside!

OrangeCobra2004

Established Member
So now that most of you say bassani, would you say go with 2.5 or 3"? The mid pipe on his car is 2.5" so would a 3" catback make him lose power?

AaronK

Established Member
Go with SLP if you want the most annoying exhaust made for our cars... SLP and open headers are kinda on the same level of "gay." Bassani isn't bad for the price. I like my Borla.

AaronK

Established Member
So now that most of you say bassani, would you say go with 2.5 or 3"? The mid pipe on his car is 2.5" so would a 3" catback make him lose power?

Go with either. He wont "need" 3" but that shit sounds REAL good. 3" wont hurt power much.

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
Borla or mac are my fav on the cobras. I like bassani almost as much but slp is low on my list.

Wonder what lm1's would sound like bolted in a bassani cb running the baffles?

OrangeCobra2004

Established Member
He is prob going to pull the trigger on bassani. 2 last questions:

1. His midpipe is 2.5, can you hook a 3" catback up to a 2.5 midpipe?

2. Would the 3" piping clear an IRS brace? I ask because even on my car the 2.5" catback is very close to the IRS brace. Same thing with his mac catback on his car.

03cobrarocks

Established Member

I dont think anything drones with the stock midpipe....

And I think everyone is talking with a midpipe or full exhaust.

Users who are viewing this thread