Bassani or SLP?

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
Ok guys, time for this question to be asked. Ive had a MAC catted H and SLP LM1 catback on my car for over a year, loved it and will miss it now that it is gone. My current setup is a MAC o/r H and some form of very large Flowmaster, my guess is that it is atleast a two chamber as it is monstrous, and rather quiet to be paired with a non catted midpipe. I am going to be getting a new catback within a month or so and am now torn between Bassani and SLP. The LM1 is out of the question because I know that it will be far too loud, undrivable loud. (You like my word?) Ok so that leaves the LM2 and Powerflo systems. I am scared that the Powerflo will be too quiet, but at the same time Im worried the LM2 will still be just too loud.

That brings me to the second part of my inquiry here. Is there a Bassani catback that will be comparable in auditory levels to the SLP products? Like I said, I dont want run of the mill Mustang exhaust noise, I want to embarrass anyone who revs at me (for the most part anyways) but still dont want LM1 and o/r midpipe kinda sound. David(Scarface) has told me from what he understands, the LM2 paired with an o/r H will be similar to a catted mid and LM1s. Any info on this? I have looked a good bit but have not found much. Thanks for any help or advice.

P.S. I have been drowned out by an LT1 Camaro and a Dodge truck that is owned by a girl in the last 2 days...I am very unhappy about this. :bs:

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
SLP's sound like complete ass. There is a difference between being loud and sounding good. SLP's are just obnoxious.

bvysochin

Established Member
Midnight_Cobra said:
SLP's sound like complete ass. There is a difference between being loud and sounding good. SLP's are just obnoxious.

+2.. If you're going to go SLP, don't even bother.. Save your money.. Don't even run mufflers.. Either way, with SLP's, or with no mufflers, your car will sound like shit.:xpl: in my honest opinion

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
Midnight_Cobra said:

I disagree, I have them, and my car does not sound like ass. I am running the stock H pipe, though.

SLP does sound like shit with a O/R X pipe, in my opinion. Not all setups sound the same.

to original poster, if you want more volume, try the single chamber flows. It is a tough decision I know. I thought long and hard before I put the SLP mufflers in. I am glad I did.

coolguy10786

Established Member
Goindeafonmtx said:
Bassani fitment sucks.
Does it ever! But, it does sound badass.

I have noticed that it isn't as loud when cruising, but as soon as you get on the gas, it screams! I have never been a fan of slp's though. With an o/r pipe it just sounds like noise and there's no tone to the exhaust.

Goindeafonmtx

Established Member
coolguy10786 said:
Does it ever! But, it does sound badass.

I have noticed that it isn't as loud when cruising, but as soon as you get on the gas, it screams! I have never been a fan of slp's though. With an o/r pipe it just sounds like noise and there's no tone to the exhaust.
Agreed.

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
I should have stressed the fact that I have already had SLP and LOVED it. So I am not taking opinions on the fact that you think SLP is junk. Im not a retard, and will not pair LM1s with an o/r x, hell I wont pair anything with an o/r x, worst midpipes ever. If fitment is an issue I will stay away from Bassani then, fitment is almost as important to me as sound. LM2s are looking more like the way I am going. A few of you said Borla XR-1s, arent Borla catbacks like a grand? If not more?

Last edited:

bmxr152

SvT 4 LiFE
Established Member
I love the sound of my magnapacks with my X-pipe, anyways why do you guys hate X-pipes so much? I like a more exotic sound, but then again thats just my personal prefrence. Anyways how come you dont just weld some XR-1's or magnapacks in? Much cheaper!

97 slowbra

Banned
I had magnapaks on my car with a bbk o/r x..did sound reallllllyyyyyy good when i first got them..seems like they lost sound quality after a few months though..id go with just a regular magna muff

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
bmxr152 said:
Anyways how come you dont just weld some XR-1's or magnapacks in? Much cheaper!

Because I dont have a catback at all right now and I will NOT run dumps for very long. Sure it is fun at first but after awhile the noise gets to be annoying. Plus I want a high quality system made of stainless or aluminum that I can polish to look good under the car. Not the wrought iron Flowmaster bullshit like I had. :dw:

Users who are viewing this thread