Bassani Exhaust Tip Baffles

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
What is the purpose of the baffles in the tips of the Bassani Exhaust, does it change the sound any?

I think it looks really cool but I notice a lot of people take the baffles out. My old cobra had 3" bassani on it when I purchased the car and the baffles where gone and at the time I didn't even know they had came with them.

GodStang

Established Member
Yes it changes the sound ever so slightly. I took mine out for a few months then put them back in. Takes all of 30 secs.

Comp04svt

Established Member
They were designed to smooth the exhaust tone, not really to make a big difference in loudness. I bought some for my old exhaust which just had the bassani tips and magnaflows, and they didn't make a whole lot of difference. When I recently purchased an actual bassani exhaust, I left them out. They weren't doing much any more any ways as all the packing material had blown out after only 3-4,000 miles. I heard you can re pack them with material from a dirt bike exhaust which is much more durable, and that may or may not have an effect on how much they help. May try it in the future, but it sounds great without them.

Last edited:

86gt5liter

Established Member
I took mine out for 6 months and just put mine back in last weekend. Maybe I'm getting old but I noticed quite a difference in mine. I run bassani mid length headers, bassani off road x pipe and bassani catback. It mellowed the sound down and it does sound cleaner than with them out. Just my opinion.

getTwisted

Established Member
I'm just going to leave them. Sounds good like it is and looks awesome.

99b4788d386bb67c8241596c9889bb88.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

getTwisted

Established Member
Ceramic coat instead;-) less upkeep, lol.

20160509_193700_zpsmvvaxw0w.gif

20160509_192815_zpsrr6hhgjp.gif

I'm not worried about upkeep. Had polished exhaust before and upkeep was a non issue no more than I drive it, just a quick wipe down every few months.

Ceramic coating does look really good though. Wouldn't mind going that route but I would have to send it off somewhere. No one around my area does it.

Users who are viewing this thread