Bassani catted x pipe with Borla ATAK sound

JCDriller

Established Member
I had this on my DSG cobra, it was amazing. Beat sounding exhaust out there for a Cobra.

message me your cell and I’ll send you a video.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Is that the specific setup you're looking to do? Just curious why you chose that one. Obviously exhaust preferences are very subjective. So many configurations.

Frankycheechoo

Established Member
Is that the specific setup you're looking to do? Just curious why you chose that one. Obviously exhaust preferences are very subjective. So many configurations.

Car came with a bbk x pipe probably about 8 years old I hate it , starting to rattle and vibrate where the heat shields are and just looks like shit it’s so old .

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Does the BBK have cats?
I’ve always liked Borla exhaust but those Ataks or Stingers are terrible without cats.
Just a heads up if you’re considering a free flowing exhaust.
-J

IllCobra

Established Member
Does the BBK have cats?
I’ve always liked Borla exhaust but those Ataks or Stingers are terrible without cats.
Just a heads up if you’re considering a free flowing exhaust.
-J
100% this
I found this out a while ago after I got my stingers that they are way too loud and obnoxious with my o/r x-pipe. Even accelerating normally they would scream. People would think I was trying to race at every red light. But based on cobras at shows i've heard, when paired with a catted x-pipe they change from obnoxious to a deep and aggressive tone. There is a guy selling a catted bassani x pipe for $200 near that I am tempted on buying, it just too bad i sold my stingers. I do have an o/f h-pipe that i'll try out before switching back to stingers

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
100% this
I found this out a while ago after I got my stingers that they are way too loud and obnoxious with my o/r x-pipe. Even accelerating normally they would scream. People would think I was trying to race at every red light. But based on cobras at shows i've heard, when paired with a catted x-pipe and they change from obnoxious to a deep and aggressive tone. There is a guy selling a catted bassani x pipe for $200 near that I am tempted on buying, it just too bad i sold my stingers. I do have an o/f h-pipe that i'll try out before switching back to stingers
Yes I also have had your experience with my ‘01 and ‘04 cobras.
Stinger CB with catted X was great then I swapped to a free flowing MAC Prochamber mid pipe and it was stupid loud/obnoxious. Ended up swapping the Stinger mufflers for Borla ProXS generic turbo mufflers. Had the stingers cut out, the ProXS welded in AND then connected the under IRS pipes to make a ‘second’ H-pipe before the tips. Now that was the ultimate street Terminator cat back.
-J

IllCobra

Established Member
Yes I also have had your experience with my ‘01 and ‘04 cobras.
Stinger CB with catted X was great then I swapped to a free flowing MAC Prochamber mid pipe and it was stupid loud/obnoxious. Ended up swapping the Stinger mufflers for Borla ProXS generic turbo mufflers. Had the stingers cut out, the ProXS welded in AND then connected the under IRS pipes to make a ‘second’ H-pipe before the tips. Now that was the ultimate street Terminator cat back.
-J
I wonder how an o/r H-pipe compares in sound to a catted x pipe? H pipes are known for giving a deeper less raspy tone, right? I just don't hear/see too many people run o/r h pipes

Last edited:

cobracide

Established Member
I wonder how an o/r H-pipe compares in sound to a catted x pipe? H pipes are known for giving a deeper less raspy tone, right? I just don't hear/see too many people run o/r h pipes
catted - softer
no cats - louder
x - rasp, use straight through "turbo" muffler
h - classic sound, use chambered muffler

Users who are viewing this thread