Bassani Catted X-Pipe Differences?

SFSN8KE

Established Member
How's it going guys,

I couldn't wait til Monday to call Bassani or LMR to find out answers. So I thought I could ask the professionals in here.:)

I recently just installed my new exhaust setup. Its a Bassani O/R x-pipe part#46032 with the Borla Stinger cat-back. I like loud but MAN this setup is LOUD! At WOT Holy Crap! I can't hear the whine anymore haahaahaaa I need to hear the whine! I've owned a 98 cobra and a foxbody in the past with a Bassani O/R x and flowmaster cat-backs on both and I liked sound level with that setup. I want to tone it down just a bit, smoothin out the raspiness and keep it aggressive and go with a catted Bassani x pipe and stay with the stingers and hopefully I can hear some of the whine.

Whats the difference from these two S.S x pipes: is one more aggressive then the other?

be#46993
https://lmr.com/item/BE-46993/Mustang-X-Pipe-Catalytic-5-Speed

be#46033
https://lmr.com/item/BE-46033/Mustang-Bassani-Catalytic-X-Pipe-Stainless-4V-99-04-46033

Also are you guys putting a little tac weld down on your cat-back so they stay put and stay clear of the fuel tank cover? Or just torqueing the crap out of the bolts?

Any tips on lowering down the pipes and away from the fuel tank cover with keeping them straight as possible. Mine shifted after my 1st test drive and melted some plastic on my newly polished pipes. :cryying: It was a mess. The plastic turned into glue when the pipes cooled down and I had to scratch em :mj: up to separate them.

thanks in advance

Rich'sTRsvt

Established Member
From what I could figure out the 46033 is for stock manifolds and the 46993 is for aftermarket shorty headers. I have the 46033 on my can so I know that will work.

rymax101

Established Member
I had this same question for the o/r x (part # 46032 and 46992). LMR says they will both fit cobras. But bassani's site says the 46992 is for 2V engines. I really dont believe there is probably any difference but since I dont know for sure, I will just fork over the extra for the one that says it is for the 4V motors.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
There is no difference between the 2v and 4v as far as the pipes go. Shorty headers don't change anything on the mid pipe. The 993 is one piece. The 033 is a 5 piece set up so you can use it with their mid lengths. I have the 033 on my car. It's been on a 98 GT, 2001 Cobra, and the 04. On my 01 I used it with mid length headers.

rymax101

Established Member
There is no difference between the 2v and 4v as far as the pipes go. Shorty headers don't change anything on the mid pipe. The 993 is one piece. The 033 is a 5 piece set up so you can use it with their mid lengths. I have the 033 on my car. It's been on a 98 GT, 2001 Cobra, and the 04. On my 01 I used it with mid length headers.
From what I see on the site the 993 is modular too (3piece).
Anyone own these different part numbers, who can let us know if there are any one piece designs?

Rich'sTRsvt

Established Member
From what I see on the site the 993 is modular too (3piece). Anyone own these different part numbers, who can let us know if there are any one piece designs?
I think you figured out the difference. The 46033 is 5 pieces so you can switch the cats out with the included pipes making it catless. edit, never mind I see the 46033 listed as 3 piece too even though it is actually 5. You may have to call bassani to get the real answer.

Last edited:

SFSN8KE

Established Member
I'll call bassani tomorrow. So do you guys tac weld , use thread lock , or just torque the hell out of the bolts to keep the cat back pipes down and away from the fuel tank cover? The stinger pipes come really close to it.

Users who are viewing this thread