Basic suspension questions? You tell me..

Ablaze

Established Member
You own a 13 Boss 302. It's stock. It's your daily driver. You don't take it to the drag strip. You will hit a HPDE once or twice a year.

#1. Here is the main question. If you lower without a UCA are you asking for the rear end to leak eventually? I don't want one, I don't want gear whine.

#2. Do LCAs with poly/rod end combo enhance gear whine?

#3. If you wanted quiet longevity would you go for the GT500 USM or aftermarket ones like Steeda/MM, etc?

I've done a fair bit of searching and over time people with one opinion develop completely new ones after running their parts for a while. That, and.. with people trading for the 15s now I've found I get a helluvalot more honest opinions instead of defending their mod choices or not wanting to piss off their bros. I just want to tighten her up a bit without introducing any new noises or reducing life expectancy of stock parts.

tj@steeda

Established Member
Hello,

1) Nope, never will leak.

2) An Aftermarket UCA with a Poly bushing will transmit more noises.
It did not create the noise. You just could not hear inside the car with the stock rubber-bushed UCA
Very few cars actually have this problem. If the car is under warranty, your ford dealer should fix it by replacing the gears.

3) Our unit is far & superior to the OE mounts.
http://www.steeda.com/blog/2012/08/the-truth-about-camber-caster-plates-and-strut-mounts/

Hope that helps!

Best Regards,

TJ

Ablaze

Established Member
I'm actually placing an order for your strut mounts. They look great and all the reviews say they're dead quiet so thanks for that.

And I meant the lower control arms with poly/rod ends. I'm trying to stay away from a UCA if I can tighten up with just the adjustable LCAs and relocation brackets.

Jabooh1

Established Member
I have BMR LCA and Bracket no increase in NVH noticed. I have Steeda HD CC plate. Increase in NVH was noticed.

Ablaze

Established Member
I have BMR LCA and Bracket no increase in NVH noticed. I have Steeda HD CC plate. Increase in NVH was noticed.

Haha I guess that's how the cookie crumbles. I'm fine with NVH really, it's just gear whine I'm trying to avoid.

Users who are viewing this thread