Basic 2v tuning question

blueovalfan

Established Member
I have a 2000 GT that I drive about once a week and drove to work this morning and noticed it started to fall in its face a bit about 5500 RPM. Car has full exhaust with long tubes, upper intake plenum, and a K&N drop in filter with the air silencer removed. Tuned with a diablosport preditor tuner it is set at the 93 octane tune and I bumped up the WOT fuel percentage a moderate amount due to the long tubes.

Car seemed a bit weak up top after the long tube install so that is why I moved the fuel percentage up. It never cut out until this morning, should I bump the fuel up more? Car is low mileage (60K) but I put new motor craft plugs in but it still has the stock coils. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
How was the car running before you messed with the fuel delivery? Are you performing any data logs before adjusting the fuel trims?

Sent from my [trashcan S5] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

blueovalfan

Established Member
Car always felt weak up top (2V) before the long tubes and before i bumped up the fuel. I adjusted the fuel a few percent up at WOT to account for the extra air flow of the long tubes. No data logging was done. Never cut out until this morning

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Car always felt weak up top (2V) before the long tubes and before i bumped up the fuel. I adjusted the fuel a few percent up at WOT to account for the extra air flow of the long tubes. No data logging was done. Never cut out until this morning

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Put the fuel trims back and see what happens. You really need to data log the car to see what is happening in regard to timing and A/F. It is easy to make a minor adjustment and burn a hole in a piston.

Sent from my [trashcan S5] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread