Base Tune Completed

NIELSTTCOBRA

Got Boost?
Established Member
Another update on the car. We had the car on the dyno last night and this afternoon, and got our basic/break-in tune completed. Heath at Modular Madness West did the tuning via the SCT software, Sct 2800 maf, and on his mustang dyno. ALL pulls were only made to 5,000 rpms.

Ending results:
516rwhp, 547rwtq at 8 pounds of boost, 16 degrees timing, and 12.2 a/f ratio.

Keep in mind that this is just the break-in tune to put some miles on the car and we will go further to fine tune the car. we'll definitely be looking to lower the a/f a little more but we were very happy with the results. As soon as the snow stops falling i'll be able to drive the car and put at least 300 miles on the car so we can return to the dyno for more boost and a full pull.

My tuner has the dyno sheet but we'll have it posted up by monday at the latest. as soon as we figure out how to post up some of the dyno vids we'll do that to. today was a very good day!

TRBO VNM

very nice numbers man. definitely get that a/f down into a safer range. there is a fine line between gaining/losing power and what the a/f is. I really don't know it, but with mine if I lean it out some I know I will gain power, so I would assume yours would be the opposite or anyones for that matter by make it richer. you may find by just going to 11.5 a/f you may lose a little, but with that timing where it is at you could add a couple degrees and make that power back very easy and then some. keep us posted. awesome numbers man. :beer:

NIELSTTCOBRA

Got Boost?
Established Member
thanks trbo vnm,
heath and i weren't interested in inflating the numbers at all... this just happened to be the last pull we did. we are both interested in keeping everything very safe! :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread