libref

Established Member
Hi all,

Just placed an order for 2013 with:
- 821A
- stripe delete
- cover

I literally anguished over the choice of the 821A - not because I didn't
think it was worth it, but because I liked the base rims so much better.
That said, I was thinking of pricing the base rims to see if I could swap
them out however, Ford Parts lists many varieties, and none of the pictures associated with the various rims seem to match the 5 spoke base rim for 2013.
Does anyone know definitely what the part number is - perhaps someone
with the base rims?

Thanks!

BOD89LX

Established Member
Hi all,

- 821A
- stripe delete
- cover

them out however, Ford Parts lists many varieties, and none of the pictures associated with the various rims seem to match the 5 spoke base rim for 2013.
with the base rims?

Thanks!

I can check the part number for you later today, I have my set of base wheels for sale in the market section , they are about 1800 bucks each wheel from Ford in the US.

RedWhite&Blown

Established Member
Hi all,

- 821A
- stripe delete
- cover

with the base rims?

Thanks!

I can so relate to this! I have a Red Candy (with the Performance Package) on the way (with white stripes) and am just not convinced that the dark SVTPP wheels are going to be the ones that look the best. I am thinking lighter colored may be the way to go and may be in the market myself for some base wheels or aftermarkets before too long. Mine should be here in about 3 weeks and the debate with self will really get going then. I may end up loving them but I have my doubts.

libref

Established Member
Yes, the rims are a very subjective, and very polarizing, topic; some love the SVTPP style while others, like me, aren't are as enamored with them.

Flyby763, I'm in contact with Bod89LX regarding his rims, so I'll let you know if that works out and I have the PPs available.

Cheers.

BOD89LX

Established Member
Can the front 19" wheels be used on the rear? Any problems with offset?

Fronts are 44mm offset and rears are 50mm offset, so you can run the fronts on front and rear but rears on rear only, most aftermarket 9.5" wide wheels will be in the 42-47mm offset but some of the cheaper ones are 35-37mm and will stick out a little. The 2011-12 base wheels are also 44mm on front and rear. Hope that helps.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Unbelievable $1,800.00 per wheel, there as bad as Shelby.

They'll come down in price- the car is only 90 days old. All of the previous generation cars were expensive to begin with as well- and then came way down when the supply is up

BOD89LX

Established Member
They'll come down in price- the car is only 90 days old. All of the previous generation cars were expensive to begin with as well- and then came way down when the supply is up

Yep when the 2015's come out they should be down to about $500 a wheel for a clean used one.

specizripn

Established Member
I can check the part number for you later today, I have my set of base wheels for sale in the market section , they are about 1800 bucks each wheel from Ford in the US.

Are you sure that isn't for all 4(four) wheels? That price is truly awful! Shelby CS1 20x9 and 20x11 wheels are $379 a piece! You could get 4 shelby wheels for cheaper than 1 freaking wheel from ford!

Snoopy49

Established Member
Fronts are 44mm offset and rears are 50mm offset, so you can run the fronts on front and rear but rears on rear only, most aftermarket 9.5" wide wheels will be in the 42-47mm offset but some of the cheaper ones are 35-37mm and will stick out a little. The 2011-12 base wheels are also 44mm on front and rear. Hope that helps.

Yes it does.
Thank you

finsrin

Established Member
I can so relate to this! I have a Red Candy (with the Performance Package) on the way (with white stripes) and am just not convinced that the dark SVTPP wheels are going to be the ones that look the best. I am thinking lighter colored may be the way to go and may be in the market myself for some base wheels or aftermarkets before too long. Mine should be here in about 3 weeks and the debate with self will really get going then. I may end up loving them but I have my doubts.

Feel likewise. Though mine is with black stripes. Being that SVTPP wheels are near black and stripes are black it may be OK seen in person. After looking at many pictures I have impression that SVTPP wheels on any color car with black stripes may wear the wheels well. Jury is still out.

Users who are viewing this thread