Base cost/Gas Tax

sapper

Established Member
The 2003 Coupe MSRP w/ Destination is $33,750
I assume that the option L59 for Gas Tax @ $1,000 must be added.
So the Cobra's MSRP is really $34,750. Correct?

Anyone know when the first production run will be completed? At the speed they are going, it sounds like they will still be making first run units when the second run is supposed to start.:nono:

StreetSnake

Established Member
Sapper I dont think any of us know exactly whats going on up in Dearborn, over the past 2 months we have speculated on the order in which they build these cars, whether it be by VIN # which I think we all know by now doesnt add up to a hill of s**t. Then we speculated on the color , that they built certain colors at the same time, that theory was also blown out of the water. It has been an exhausting 2 months for us trying to figure it out. And I personally think it kind of sucks that the big blue oval and all of its infinite wisdom couldnt at least post something somwhere on the status of these cars afterall we are dropping 35-40 grand on these cars and I personally feel that in a sense we should be treated with a little respect. Im convinced that all of us who have ordered one of these beauties are a little off balance we eat , drink, and breathe these cars, I think most of us would admit we even think of these cars more than sex, a problem I might add that will be remedied after we take delivery. But that is my opinion I could be wrong but I dont think I am.:shrug:

COBRAJIM9999

Established Member
Cobra Deliveries

First things first, nothing about the first build makes any sense. I ordered my convertible and my first coupe in early Feb. Neither vehicle has been built yet. Secondly the 2nd and 3rd coupe's that were ordered weree built already and have gotten to the railhead from which new car carriers bring our new car's. The first two car has vin's less than 250 are stil showing a bucked status. The two coupe's which were produced were both black. I do not get it and neither OPC(Ordering Processing Center for laypeople) nor svt could give a good accounting of how that happened. For the tow coupe guys they will be happy getting their car far earlier than expected but trying to figure out how they are building them is impossible. I am a Ford SVT salesperson and I love our produt but the way they are going about this process can frustrate the most diehard loyal customer. If I could give ford a suggestion please communicate with its customer base either by emailing or calling them as they do on T-Bird Customers. The guy who buys a Cobra is spending 38995 or better a T-Bird is only 40,295 plus tax and Ford treats them far better. Additionally the Cobra guy is also far more loyal to Ford the T-Bird guy i slooking at the nostaglia piece as the new toy for now. Anyway enough for now hope to have better news soon. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread