BAP's... which is best and why?

RSKtakR

Established Member
I have always used the KB BAP's in the past for nitrous on my previous 2011 Gt.. I read about the JMS PowerMAX when it first came out and now the FuelMAX V2 is available. I know VMP also has one. I plan on running the corn through my 15 GT PP, I have some 47lb injectors for cheap ins, I plan on having a flex tune with the HP Tuners software I have, the cats will be removed, and I want to spray 100hp-150hp wet shot. From previous experience, the BAP is needed because of the lean condition spike from the initial hit of the nitrous system and to just have more fuel pressure period of course. So my question is.. would the JMS be the best choice because of the adjustable ramp up rate etc so I can hopefully get rid of that lean spike?

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
We use the JMF Fuelmax on all of our shop cars and have had excellent results with them. They're wicked easy to install with their plug and play connectors and also have higher voltage outputs than the BAP.

Here's a write-up that Steve Turner did on our 2015 GT as well as our 2016 GT350 which both use the JMS unit.

http://www.svtperformance.com/2015/02/25/tech-2015-mustang-fuel-pump-booster/

http://www.svtperformance.com/2016/02/09/tech-shelby-gt350-supercharger/

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Jared

PIKE5.0

Established Member
Ive sprayed nitrous on E85 in two different 5.0s (2012 & 2015). Ive had 47lb injectors, E85, NO BAP. Sprayed 25ish bottles through it at 150 shot only, no issues.

AED tuned on my '12
St00pidFast Tuned on my '15

RSKtakR

Established Member
Ive sprayed nitrous on E85 in two different 5.0s (2012 & 2015). Ive had 47lb injectors, E85, NO BAP. Sprayed 25ish bottles through it at 150 shot only, no issues.

AED tuned on my '12
St00pidFast Tuned on my '15

now that's interesting.. did you have LT's or no cats by chance on the 15? And what program does stoopidfast use to tune with? I have HP Tuners. Just saw your mods list. I still have the cats, looking for a used cat delete kit or a drivers side manifold from a 15 that already has a flange welded lol. I have 11-14 manifolds and 11-14 deletes laying around to swap into the 15 but no one to add the extra tubing to go back to my cat backs yet.

Per AED, that lean spike isn't something a BAP is going to fix.

It was AED that had told me about that spike when I had my 2011 GT on E85. He said I would need the BAP with the 47's, no cats, and a Boss intake w/ CAI.. is there ANY remedy for it other then a bigger pump or stand alone fuel system for the nitrous then?

Last edited:

PIKE5.0

Established Member
now that's interesting.. did you have LT's or no cats by chance on the 15? And what program does stoopidfast use to tune with? I have HP Tuners. Just saw your mods list. I still have the cats, looking for a used cat delete kit or a drivers side manifold from a 15 that already has a flange welded lol. I have 11-14 manifolds and 11-14 deletes laying around to swap into the 15 but no one to add the extra tubing to go back to my cat backs yet.

He doesn't do many remote tunes, but he uses both.. mostly SCT right now. I have stock headers, no cats

It was AED that had told me about that spike when I had my 2011 GT on E85. He said I would need the BAP with the 47's, no cats, and a Boss intake w/ CAI.. is there ANY remedy for it other then a bigger pump or stand alone fuel system for the nitrous then?

Thats real weird he gave different info on that. When I researched it on my '12 it wasn't cost efficient to try and remove that spike. Shaun didn't make a big deal about it, just was what it was. The nitrous will always hit before the fuel in a sense. Direct Port is the real fix, and BAP isn't going to do shit.

RSKtakR

Established Member
He doesn't do many remote tunes, but he uses both.. mostly SCT right now. I have stock headers, no cats

Thats real weird he gave different info on that. When I researched it on my '12 it wasn't cost efficient to try and remove that spike. Shaun didn't make a big deal about it, just was what it was. The nitrous will always hit before the fuel in a sense. Direct Port is the real fix, and BAP isn't going to do shit.

Ya I contacted st00pidfast already, and he will do a HPT tune and email it he said.

So maybe I should ditch the BAP idea and just get the JMS nitrous control box, then lean spike wont matter much if I use the adjustable ramp up rate control in that box for the nitrous. Shaun didn't say it was a big deal or anything, just making me aware and he seemed to talk about it more when I had mentioned putting LT's on that car at the time.. oh well.. Thanks for your input/suggestions!

Users who are viewing this thread