BAP failure rate?

numbnutz

Established Member
Was going to switch from my Vortech to a JMS to run the corn. Ideally I want to go with a return fuel system but for now going to change BAP's.

How often/common do these fail?

5PNTSLW

Back on the Saddle
Established Member
I think the bigger issue with a BAP setup is the pump failing, i don't think Ive seen too many people have issues with the BAP failing, but once in a while the pumps do. Useing the Boost reference feature will help save some of the life of the pump tho.

And you only need 1 BAP

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
it seems what shops and people have found out is that you can not run the Baps on the 5.0s full time as it burns out he pump. seems the JMS at 18volts is fine but at 21volts its burning pumps up.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
we have the vortech boost referenced and the roush as well. the roush has a plug and play setup that is very nice. Been selling a lot of them. We don't do the JMS, but have heard good things on those as well.

stang8psi

Established Member
So what about the non boost reference vortech Bap on a e85 nitrous setup? I had the Bap when I was paxton supercharged but now I am a nitrous setup running 47lbs and e85 with the vortech universal non boost reference..so has anyone had any problems with the non boost reference 17-18v setups?

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
So what about the non boost reference vortech Bap on a e85 nitrous setup? I had the Bap when I was paxton supercharged but now I am a nitrous setup running 47lbs and e85 with the vortech universal non boost reference..so has anyone had any problems with the non boost reference 17-18v setups?

there is always the possibility of a pump failure when your pushing a pump outside it's normal operating range.

I've seen systems work for years without issue with a bap, and some fail quick.

stang8psi

Established Member
I guess time will tell.. I am glad I have a fuel pressure gauge and a wideband AFR gauge.

numbnutz

Established Member
And you only need 1 BAP

I know this. I was going to switch from the Vortech to JMS. I should of worded the thread how many fuel pumps have failed from a BAP.

I will probably just bite the bullet and get a return fuel system safe for E85. Really don't want to be paranoid every time I mash the gas pedal about the OEM fuel pump going out.

stang8psi

Established Member
I know this. I was going to switch from the Vortech to JMS. I should of worded the thread how many fuel pumps have failed from a BAP.

I will probably just bite the bullet and get a return fuel system safe for E85. Really don't want to be paranoid every time I mash the gas pedal about the OEM fuel pump going out.

Use a gauge to monitor the fuel pressure until you get a return setup.. lime aeroforce or a autometer gauge

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

that is the best way to go

Users who are viewing this thread