BAP before or after FPDM ?

Zorabot

Al Bundy
Established Member
I am torn on how to wire my BAP. KB instructs to wire it after but KB is not taking into consideration the wiring upgrade. I believe the FPDM varies the voltage to the fuel pumps depending on load in a stock app or to the BAP in this case?
I am doing the wiring upgrade so the BAP wont be getting its power thru the FPDM, I really do not want to wire the BAP before the FPDM and overheat the FPDM or burn it up and be left stranded on the side of the road later on. I also do not want to modify the FPDM as my $ is tapped out after spending about $3k in the last month.
Mayhaps in my case (about 500whp) the FPDM wont overheat and will be fine. On the other hand I am worried about wiring the BAP after the FPDM and
blowing the FRPS or having to much fuel pressure in the lower RPM's and overspinning the pumps while demand is low and getting the pumps/fuel hot and or shortening the life of the pumps.
I do not plan on using the Hobbs switch as I do not want the BAP to shut down during granny shifts and have a hiccup when I get back on it.

So folks if you would share you're opinions on this with me I would sure appreciate it. This returnless fuel injection is for the birds.

Turkish

The Perpetrator
Established Member
I went before the FPDM, until I ugrade to the modified FPDM then I will go after. Going after has been known to overload the FPDM. Smarter guys can chime in...

sb03cobra

Established Member
Pre FPDM and no problems yet. I run a ported 2.8/#2 combo and have the BAP set at 25%.

BTW I have never blown a FRPS, but I do have the KB disk installed.

MikeW

Established Member
Fuel Pump Duty Manager = FPDM

I have BAP wired pre-FPDM. I have a wiring upgrade that I need to get done soon.

MikeW

Established Member
Zora you may want to do the wiring upgrade while you are in there. I didnt do it the 1st time around (being lazy) and now that I am going to a Whipple I am going to have to add teh wiring kit now.

Users who are viewing this thread