Bangastangs or any other company's rad cover question.

SOVACobra03

I have an addiction......
Established Member
Sooo lady's and gentlemen I have a question about the fitment of aftermarket rad covers. Anyone have any issues? If so please post them up. Especially if you have a true forged tanks. I need to know how well they fit with the tanks and if any modification was required. Looking to get true forged in this game and a group buy together. So let me know!!!

Last edited:

SOVACobra03

Established Member
Info on any cuts needed to be made? metal too thin? finish options you'd like to see? engraving options you'd like? Would be very helpful

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
yep guys. he's :poke: me to get going on this project again. :p

we made a prototype about a year or so ago. then just kind of got busy with other stuff. my guy is very interested in making them though. i was like eh, there's the BS one out there already. but if you guys are having trouble getting them then we'll come through.

we can offer a multitude of finish options and engraving and now we can having the custom engraving filled with oem paint colors, including mystichrome :uh oh:.

ive seen the BS version in person. its very thin and weak. we'd probably beef it up some. ive also heard there were some minor fitment issues especially when running TF tanks. obviously we'd like to minimize that.

so those that actually have these on their cars, lets here from you guys what you think about any install/fitment issues. so we know what to look out for.

also, i assume these would fit the same on mach 1s, bullits, GTs etc....?

Woody6799

Established Member
I would love a rad cover, I want the bangastang one but refuse to deal with such a shady company

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
My car came with the cover from Bangastang. I took it off and gave it to my buddy. I like the overall design, but I prefer a smooth, polished finish. Or chrome if possible. The biggest thing that bugged me was the lack of attachment point where it hooked under the radiator support. It just had the hooks and was able to bounce up and down. I'm not sure if it's possible to come up with something, but it would be nice to have a more secure fit.

SOVACobra03

Established Member
I have 2 people that would be in 1 being black with sonic blue terminator logo

the quality and options TF can offers us makes getting that SB terminator logo a possiblity without having to order it and then reship it to a difff company to get the extra SB logo done. SSSOOoo much easier

Zemedici

Established Member
I thought the general consensus on the ones from Bangastang was 'give them the money for it and forget about it' because it literally takes months on end to get the finished product. I've seen them and they are nice pieces, but dont expect to get them quick, in any sense of the word.

That's why JLT started making them for new cars, I thought. :shrug:

Pruitt146

Established Member
I got one from the company that makes the covers for bangastang and its top notch quality. My buddy had his shops logo made on them and they are awesome.

Franco

Established Member
I thought the general consensus on the ones from Bangastang was 'give them the money for it and forget about it' because it literally takes months on end to get the finished product. I've seen them and they are nice pieces, but dont expect to get them quick, in any sense of the word.

That's why JLT started making them for new cars, I thought. :shrug:

i ordered a shift knob from bangastang. took over a month to get. when i got it the shift knob was in a different companys bag (speed dawg). this is why im am so leary about ordering the radiator cover from them, but it seems like they are the only game in town

SOVACobra03

Established Member
i ordered a shift knob from bangastang. took over a month to get. when i got it the shift knob was in a different companys bag (speed dawg). this is why im am so leary about ordering the radiator cover from them, but it seems like they are the only game in town
That's what we are working to change

masterjr33

Established Member
would like something that might help with radiator boxing. or ddeflection or control of air.

I dont care about just astetics.

UncleSAm

Blow Me
Established Member
yep guys. he's :poke: me to get going on this project again. :p

we made a prototype about a year or so ago. then just kind of got busy with other stuff. my guy is very interested in making them though. i was like eh, there's the BS one out there already. but if you guys are having trouble getting them then we'll come through.

we can offer a multitude of finish options and engraving and now we can having the custom engraving filled with oem paint colors, including mystichrome :uh oh:.

ive seen the BS version in person. its very thin and weak. we'd probably beef it up some. ive also heard there were some minor fitment issues especially when running TF tanks. obviously we'd like to minimize that.

so those that actually have these on their cars, lets here from you guys what you think about any install/fitment issues. so we know what to look out for.

also, i assume these would fit the same on mach 1s, bullits, GTs etc....?

i would be in

JustaGT5408

Established Member
I would be possibly be in. I have started making a template for a custom one that I could make at work but will take a lot of tinkering I'm sure. I have both TF expansion tanks and would really like to have the radiator cover butt almost up to it for a clean smooth look, could this be an option if Steve were to make one?

SOVACobra03

Established Member
I would be possibly be in. I have started making a template for a custom one that I could make at work but will take a lot of tinkering I'm sure. I have both TF expansion tanks and would really like to have the radiator cover butt almost up to it for a clean smooth look, could this be an option if Steve were to make one?
Humm that's a good question. So basically just an extended lip on the back that came up to the tanks?

JustaGT5408

Established Member
Humm that's a good question. So basically just an extended lip on the back that came up to the tanks?

Exactly, I have a cardboard template that I basically cut two notches in to go around the IC tank mounting bracket, and butt right up to the tanks to hit the top of the radiator.

Users who are viewing this thread