Bands you miss

04MysticCobra

Established Member
Hah I was in high school in 62

He was strange.

Black Sabbath
Iron Butterfly
Jethro Tull

One band still hanging around that does a good show is The Beach Boys. Grew up in SoCal around the surf music scene.

Wow you are even older than dirt.....lol....one of my favorites was always Jethro Tull....seen them in the 70's, 80's, 90's and a few months ago in Philadelphia at the Mann theater Sept. 2018. They have tour dates scheduled in 2019.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I can't say I really miss any bands. Music constantly evolves, as do the bands and artists.

Guns N Roses Appetite for Destruction was great. Everything after that was in a decline. Metallica seemed to fade away after their 5th album that was self titled.

Alice in Chains also degraded as time moved on.

My musical preferences change from day to day. Maybe that is because I literally wake up and work on music in some form everyday. I recognize individual songs more than bands.

Tom Petty is indeed missed. He was a unique individual with a very unique style.

Montgomery Gentry was a band I learned to enjoy. Troy Gentry died much too early.

I will have to admit that I miss the antics of the banshee wailing, guitar shredding glam rockers. While most are glad to see the hair bands gone, as a musician you have to appreciate the shredders of that era.
Van Halen
Mr. Big
Skid Row
...and for the sake of saying it; Warrant. Who doesn't love Cherry Pie?
Ratt
Quiet Riot
This list can go on and on.

Then I fall off the deep end and miss Huey Lewis and the News.

I'm just going to stop now. I've given everyone enough ammo.

I'm going to retreat and listen to some Devo now, followed by Culture Club. Lol

Sent from my [toilet] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

VegasMichael

Established Member
Guns and Roses. They had a sound I loved but Axel likely screwed it all up. He had a great screeching voice and Slash was awesome on guitar.
Led Zep. No reasons necessary here.
ACDC. Good Lawd I loved this band's oeuvre.
Steely Dan. Such a unique sound.
The Doors. Jim's baritone voice and the organ music. So original.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I can't say I really miss any bands. Music constantly evolves, as do the bands and artists.

Guns N Roses Appetite for Destruction was great. Everything after that was in a decline. Metallica seemed to fade away after their 5th album that was self titled.

Alice in Chains also degraded as time moved on.

My musical preferences change from day to day. Maybe that is because I literally wake up and work on music in some form everyday. I recognize individual songs more than bands.

Tom Petty is indeed missed. He was a unique individual with a very unique style.

Montgomery Gentry was a band I learned to enjoy. Troy Gentry died much too early.

I will have to admit that I miss the antics of the banshee wailing, guitar shredding glam rockers. While most are glad to see the hair bands gone, as a musician you have to appreciate the shredders of that era.
Van Halen
Mr. Big
Skid Row
...and for the sake of saying it; Warrant. Who doesn't love Cherry Pie?
Ratt
Quiet Riot
This list can go on and on.

Then I fall off the deep end and miss Huey Lewis and the News.

I'm just going to stop now. I've given everyone enough ammo.

I'm going to retreat and listen to some Devo now, followed by Culture Club. Lol

Sent from my [toilet] using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Bach could wail from skid row.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
All 70-80s bands in herw so far. How about Smashing Pumpkins? They constantly try to make a come back so we will say I miss their 90s and early 2000s work. Silverchair is another 90s favorite of mine from then as well as Stabbing Westward.

As for newer bands I would have started with As I Lay Dying but luckily we got them back.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
U2

The Clarks - watched them grow up here near Pittsburgh. They have not become megastars but they put out great albums and their success doesn’t go to their heads.

Boston

Dire Straits

Outfield

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
Ramones....Lalapalooza 96 in Columbia, SC! Was also nice to see Metallica and a few others but Romones was an honor!

If you ever happen to come across it they released a DVD/CD combo called "We're Outta Here."

It documents some of their world travel and interviews with the band as well as their last show on November 18, 1997.

madscotsman

Established Member
Soundgarden/Audioslave
Days of the New - Saw the lead singer on an episode of Intervention years ago, seems he still can't stay clean long enough to return to music

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Kill Hannah, had some awesome times at their concerts in Chicago when I was young.

Users who are viewing this thread