Bama ghost cam tune

12gt

Established Member
What do you guys think about it?
Cheap way out for cams but I just want to hear it for a bit.
Is it safe to run with kooks catted x pipe it's high flow cats?
Will the car run rich?
Will I loose power?
Any experience is appreciated

01bluesnake

Established Member
I think the cam tunes sound cool, but do nothing for power enhancement like a real cam upgrade. The tune only affects low rpm idle, so wont do anything else for the car. I probably wouldn't run cat's with the tune, but cant say how well high flow cats will handle it. The car will run richer while its loping. You will loose low rpm take off power, so will need to rev a little higher when leaving from a stop.

kustom_efekt

Established Member
I've have it as an option, but very rarely run it due to drivability issues.

It does sound cool tho, and personally I wouldn't run it with cats

sloww5ohh

Established Member
I've had it as an option for a while and just changed rear tire size so I went ahead and got a new set of tunes from bama. I think they recently updated their tunes because now my ghost cam runs almost as smooth driveability wise as my regular performance tune. It suprised me but I only run my ghost cam every once in awhile when I wanna hear it or play around with our group.

Last edited:

jjd975

Established Member
It's a fun option to have, car sounds incredible at idle. Yes its runs richer, surges and bucks a little but its totally worth it to me. I run the tune once a month typically.

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
To me the cam tunes sound cool and its awesome for us to have the ability to run them...but I also think its kinda false advertisement in a way.

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
I have the AED cam tune. It's pretty cool. The car will shake at a stop just like it has cams. No added power, but from what I hear these cars don't really lope with real cams :shrug: I didn't have any drivability issues with mine. Sounds really good if you have cutouts lol, and I wouldn't run a cam tune with cats.

zachcrosen

Established Member
I had the Bama one when I was still NA and it sounded like sh!t with my exhaust combo. Plus I couldnt keep the car running when coming to a stop. When I killed it 5 times in a simple run to the store, I said enough is enough!

Users who are viewing this thread