Bagged 07 Duramax Dually on 22" Semi Wheels

.n0b.

moar powa
Established Member
never understood this, but im sure you say the samething to guys that lift their trucks :shrug:

idk...never understood bagging a truck and putting 22's on it.

silvrsrt

Established Member
Mostly the same people that think there is nothing better than a Mustang. I am very open-minded to custom autos. The only thing I have never understood is all the ricers which have pretty much died anyways.

I am very open to other customs, but isnt this truck the same as putting a 12" lift on a sports car???

:??::??::??:

3240809069_b6ff6fc66e.jpg
:

STG

Banned
haha im telling you man, some people will NEVER get it.

Oh, I get it. Some people don't have even a modicum of taste and don't care about losing performance and utility.

How much do those tire/wheel combinations weigh? I bet you can't tell me how much you've lost in acvceleration, handling and stopping due to increased unsprung weight.

How much bigger is the overall diameter of those tires compared to stock and how has it affected your final drive ratio? That affects performance and load capacity. There are plenty of asshats putting large tires on their diesel trucks without changing the rear end and towing maximum gross weight. They NEVER understand why their trucks are slow and why they blow head gaskets every week.

STG

Banned
Mostly the same people that think there is nothing better than a Mustang. I am very open-minded to custom autos. The only thing I have never understood is all the ricers which have pretty much died anyways.

So, you understand lowered, bagged pickup trucks with huge wheels dragging on the road but never understood lowered, bagged Hondas with huge wheels dragging on the road?

I understand perfectly!:lol:

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
Oh, I get it. Some people don't have even a modicum of taste and don't care about losing performance and utility.

How much do those tire/wheel combinations weigh? I bet you can't tell me how much you've lost in acvceleration, handling and stopping due to increased unsprung weight.

How much bigger is the overall diameter of those tires compared to stock and how has it affected your final drive ratio? That affects performance and load capacity. There are plenty of asshats putting large tires on their diesel trucks without changing the rear end and towing maximum gross weight. They NEVER understand why their trucks are slow and why they blow head gaskets every week.

i take it you have never rode in a built/bagged truck/car?

i get where you are comming from, just change the gears and stick with a safe sidewall.

STG

Banned
i take it you have never rode in a built/bagged truck/car?

i get where you are comming from, just change the gears and stick with a safe sidewall.

I lived in Los Angeles for forty two years and have several friend who own award winning lowrider cars and trucks. NOT ONE OF THEM HANDLES AS WELL AS A BOX STOCK VEHICLE.

Even if you change gear ratios and increase side wall hgeight on that truck, you still have a big issue with increased weight and how it affects stopping, acceleration and handling. While I don't have it in front ofd me, Car and Driver did an article about big wheels a few years ago. Test showed putting a set of 20s on a large SUV impacted performance drastically.

Last edited:

Tony 96 Cobra

Addict
Established Member
I am very open to other customs, but isnt this truck the same as putting a 12" lift on a sports car???

:??::??::??:

3240809069_b6ff6fc66e.jpg
:

Not at all. A bagged dually still retains all its towing capabilities. Does a lifted sports car still handle well?

and the other comment about bagged, draggin' ricers.. lol. I don't really see the point of spending money trying to make a 4 cyl. economy car fast. if you want to lower it and put a stereo in it then fine; it still gets good gas mileage. :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread