Intervention302

Established Member
93646d7e4d5d917131403978449d5f02.jpg

Nicer pic of my setup

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
In short:
-how do these 6p's compare to the brembo 4p system (ford racing cobra r kit)?
-any specials on the matching rear system to these $1300~$1500 6p fronts?
-which drilled and slotted rotor will hold up best for very abusive braking? My eradispeeds spider'ed on me last go around in 2006. Nice units but I got them too hot with triple digit aggressive stops.
-have you seen these calipers fit on tsw sochi's in 18x9/10.5? (Rears I'm sure fit, maybe not fronts though?)

The more detailed explanation:

-Has anyone gone from the 13" 4 piston cobra r brembo kit to these 6p 13" units? If so, what's the verdict? Performance differences? Weight difference? Overall pedal pressure or feel? Thanks in advance.

-Right now my car stops great even from very high speed, so I haven't even bothered with the rear calipers. Just pads and stainless lines back there. I want to do something with the rear brakes simply to match and to also answer the nervous voice in the back of my head saying hey dummy, stock caliper back there with all this power... Any options for rear systems that match the front 6p units shown in this thread?

-Also, I had mistakenly bought some eradispeed rotors without realizing they were not quite the metal strength I would need for abusive use and they did spider on me from the drill holes. Which drilled rotor would be recommended for decidedly abusive braking? I've since only ran slotted rotors, but seeing what people are getting away with on drilled rotors these days has me thinking there has to be more durable metal make ups on them now. I have satin black wheels so dust or build up isn't a huge issue.

-Wheels are 18x9/10.5 tsw Sochi's which honestly have the internal space of a 17.25" wheel, I can try to find the back spacing. They clear my cobra r brembo kit by 1/3" of height and 1/2" at the face.

No rush on a reply, thanks in advance for any input!

Last edited:

Intervention302

Established Member
Fwiw... Baer told me drilled were a no go if I planned to stop from triple digits. Told me, slotted only was the way to go

TPSMak

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
In short:
-how do these 6p's compare to the brembo 4p system (ford racing cobra r kit)?
-any specials on the matching rear system to these $1300~$1500 6p fronts?
-which drilled and slotted rotor will hold up best for very abusive braking? My eradispeeds spider'ed on me last go around in 2006. Nice units but I got them too hot with triple digit aggressive stops.
-have you seen these calipers fit on tsw sochi's in 18x9/10.5? (Rears I'm sure fit, maybe not fronts though?)

The more detailed explanation:

-Has anyone gone from the 13" 4 piston cobra r brembo kit to these 6p 13" units? If so, what's the verdict? Performance differences? Weight difference? Overall pedal pressure or feel? Thanks in advance.

-Right now my car stops great even from very high speed, so I haven't even bothered with the rear calipers. Just pads and stainless lines back there. I want to do something with the rear brakes simply to match and to also answer the nervous voice in the back of my head saying hey dummy, stock caliper back there with all this power... Any options for rear systems that match the front 6p units shown in this thread?

-Also, I had mistakenly bought some eradispeed rotors without realizing they were not quite the metal strength I would need for abusive use and they did spider on me from the drill holes. Which drilled rotor would be recommended for decidedly abusive braking? I've since only ran slotted rotors, but seeing what people are getting away with on drilled rotors these days has me thinking there has to be more durable metal make ups on them now. I have satin black wheels so dust or build up isn't a huge issue.

-Wheels are 18x9/10.5 tsw Sochi's which honestly have the internal space of a 17.25" wheel, I can try to find the back spacing. They clear my cobra r brembo kit by 1/3" of height and 1/2" at the face.

No rush on a reply, thanks in advance for any input!

The 6Ps offer more braking leverage the the Ford Brembo system. The 6P also has a LARGE selection of brake pads since it uses the same pads as the 97-2013 Corvette.

If you went with the 14" setup you would clearly notice a difference.

I'D WIN

Established Member
TPSMAK,

What rotors are available for replacement? I think when I decide to replace mine, I want to switch back over to slotted. Currently I have the drilled and slotted rotors. I also have the rear two piece Baer rotors with stock calipers.

TPSMak

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
TPSMAK,

What rotors are available for replacement? I think when I decide to replace mine, I want to switch back over to slotted. Currently I have the drilled and slotted rotors. I also have the rear two piece Baer rotors with stock calipers.

Yes we can get you slotted only if you like

03cobraracer

Established Member
I bought a set years ago and had to sell them before I installed them. I may have to order another set soon..

Ford>Chevy

Established Member
Could you PM me a price on a Full 6P kit in Red with Black letters, slotted/drilled rotors for a 94-04 GT? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread