Bad month with the cobra

89slowgt331

Established Member
Just venting here maybe some member can relate. I have a clean high milage mineral grey cobra. I sold my whipple last year to take care of some house projects and installed a ported eaton on the car, 2 weeks ago I was testing a dragon TB and my hood latch failed to lock my hood came up and hit my windshield at about 40 mph. cracked the hood shattered the windshild, broke the wipers and cowl panel. I think my MRT hood struts saved the roofline by keeping the hood from folding backk farther. The local ford body shop gave me the run around so I got an insurance check and decided to fix the car myself.

I had hopes of fixing the car this weekend and taking it to the woodward dream cruise. I had an OE windshield installed and bought a cowl panel and wiper from a member on here parting out a cobra. I bought a hood from a guy in florida that I was refered to by a member on here. It has been 1 1/2 weeks. I have never recieved my cowl and wipers, the member has alot of positive feedback but will not repond to my PM's he said he was shipping the parts last saturday and I paid him last thursday. I was suposed to recieve my hood friday, it was tourch red but I did not expect to find a MG hood and wanted to repaint my front bumper anyway. the weekend passed and no hood, I looked up the tracking# to find out fed ex damaged it and are shipping it back to the seller, damaged in michigan no less:fm: now the seller is kind of giving me the run around on getting a refund, so I can find a hood and fix my car.:cuss:

I had plans to make a few car shows and get my cobra to the track for the 1st time, but nothing is working out, I just had to vent thanks for listening.

Ddawg18

Established Member
Sorry to hear man. Sometimes you just run into shit luck over, and over again. Try to stay as positive as can be and remeber that you have one hell of a car that just needs a little TLC. Other than that you are healthy (I am assuming) and you OWN A DAMN COBRA!! HAHA

Post back when everything irons itself out as I know it will within the next week or so! :beer:

It will get better buddy. Might be time to start a thread on this member whose giving you a runaround on getting that refund. A little SVTP pressure gets people to 'cooperate' sometimes if you know what I mean.

89slowgt331

Established Member
It will get better buddy. Might be time to start a thread on this member whose giving you a runaround on getting that refund. A little SVTP pressure gets people to 'cooperate' sometimes if you know what I mean.

I might have to, I have PMed him twice with no response and It's sad because he has alot of good feedback.

JCH03SVT

Established Member
I feel ya. I have had some bad luck too.
aee443fd-8861-f992.jpg

aee443fd-8879-ad26.jpg

mach1033

Established Member
I give this advice every time I read something like this. When you are buying something that is 200 and above you should have the member you are buying it from insure it for the price you paid. For example when I sold my whipple I had it professionally packaged and I had it insured for the price that I sold it for. If the member is not willing to do that then move on. I'm sure the guy is giving you the run around cause he already spent the money.

89slowgt331

Established Member
I give this advice every time I read something like this. When you are buying something that is 200 and above you should have the member you are buying it from insure it for the price you paid. For example when I sold my whipple I had it professionally packaged and I had it insured for the price that I sold it for. If the member is not willing to do that then move on. I'm sure the guy is giving you the run around cause he already spent the money.

Bingo, he wanted an aftermarket hood for his cobra, I was excited to get his hood it also had a set of fore percision hood vent's that everyone seems to be looking for. I am not shure but I think he is a member here

I was hoping to enjoy my car this year I bought it and joined in oct 2010 drove it twice and it sat for the winter, last year I sold my whipple and installed a eaton and it was down waiting for a tune, between all that my daughter was born and I left my job dyno testing at roush to be a stay at home dad. my daughter turn 2 in a month and I wanted to take the car and family to the woodward cruise even if it had a red hood. now if I ever get my money back I can hopfully get it painted and maybe enjoy it for a month before winter hits again.

The other member that I bought the cowl panel and wipers from is Turbovert04, he has over 1000 post and over 80 positive feedback so I have no idea why he has not reponded to my 2 PM's or post in his part out thread. I juust want my parts or a refund so I can fix my car, He was on today I can understand if something happen it's just when you have no response for a week then see the member online it's annoying

Last edited:

nycarpenter

Established Member
Bingo, he wanted an aftermarket hood for his cobra, I was excited to get his hood it also had a set of fore percision hood vent's that everyone seems to be looking for. I am not shure but I think he is a member here

I was hoping to enjoy my car this year I bought it and joined in oct 2010 drove it twice and it sat for the winter, last year I sold my whipple and installed a eaton and it was down waiting for a tune, between all that my daughter was born and I left my job dyno testing at roush to be a stay at home dad. my daughter turn 2 in a month and I wanted to take the car and family to the woodward cruise even if it had a red hood. now if I ever get my money back I can hopfully get it painted and maybe enjoy it for a month before winter hits again.

The other member that I bought the cowl panel and wipers from is Turbovert04, he has over 1000 post and over 80 positive feedback so I have no idea why he has not reponded to my 2 PM's or post in his part out thread. I juust want my parts or a refund so I can fix my car, He was on today I can understand if something happen it's just when you have no response for a week then see the member online it's annoying

Brandon
He and his brother are members here. I think the brother goes by fatal snake or something along these lines. Both are stationed at Eglin AF base in Florida. I really figure he will do the right thing for you. As far as the guy you paid for the cowl panel etc I would just light him up here and get a fire under his butt. The hood seller did ship as promised and had $500 insurance on the items. I figure this will all work out for you in the end.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread