Bad hesitation I'm stumped

testorossa1989

Established Member
I have horrible hesitation past 10psi out of 19psi. It feels like fuel cut or spark blowout best description and thanks to SCT discontinued livelink on X3 I'm blind. Car is E85 return-style big blower.

I replaced the MAF, clean fuel filter, swapped coil packs from MSD to factory and went from 12psi hesitation to 10 but still may mean nothing, new plugs gapped correctly, new pumps 465s w/boots to 465 high volume pumps even tho volume means little since the regulator still controls rail pressure. Um what else... Cleaned out the T-map. No matter what I do this thing still hesitates and I don't ¥€$#&##&$##$ get it. Unless my A/F is bad but my filters clean. The only explanation I'm given from friends is "Tune went bad" which is not a good enough reason for me. Any idea guys I'm seriously losing my mind here

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

bigmoose

Established Member
Tunes don't go bad. You need to figure out a way to datalog. Otherwise you're just guessing.

testorossa1989

Established Member
Tunes don't go bad. You need to figure out a way to datalog. Otherwise you're just guessing.
That's exactly why I'm infuriated and my buddy's friend took his X4 which I usually use so I'm even more livid.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
check your alternator. I was having the exact same problems. I just did a return system and the tuner told me the alternator died on the dyno, they replaced it, I picked the car up and it's perfect now.

testorossa1989

Established Member
check your alternator. I was having the exact same problems. I just did a return system and the tuner told me the alternator died on the dyno, they replaced it, I picked the car up and it's perfect now.
Interesting you say that because I just replaced it not too long ago maybe 1k ago and I typically kill them after a season between heat and poor charging habits/sheer power. I grew suspicious of your idea because I noticed from MSD Blaster coils (13psi) it dropped to hesitating at 10psi with factory coil packs which is reverse of what you'd think.... But does raise a eyebrow. Did your alternator perform correctly otherwise and just wasn't keeping up under power demand?

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
But does raise a eyebrow. Did your alternator perform correctly otherwise and just wasn't keeping up under power demand?

Yes and I had bought a brand new oem alternator almost two years ago and I barely ever drive the car. The tuner said after his shop did my blower swap they took the car out for a ride and the battery light started coming on. On a hunch they replaced it and everything was fine. I had a feeling that was possible too because when I was a the track I would get a hesitation to the point were my gauges were sweeping mid pass and I had a pprv delete.

Users who are viewing this thread