Bad day at the track!!!

FunkyBoss

Established Member
What a sorry day at the track! I couldn't hook up to save my life, my best run was an 8.6@80mph with a 1.9 60' (on DR's), and to top it off, I snapped 4 teeth off of my ring gear! I'm suprised I made it home without the rear-end locking up. I'm most likely going to replace the gear with 4.10's, haven't decided yet. I also think my Steeda Comp springs were causing the poor 60' times, I could cut 1.7's with the stockers. I may throw them up in the market to try and trade for some drag springs. On a lighter note, I ran a freind of a friend's STI and beat it.

If anybody is wondering, yes, they were Motive gears.

FunkyBoss

Established Member
I was at Sumerduck. I dd mine and had 4.30's, but a buddy of mine has a set of 4.10's ready to go. I'm debating where I want to go with the car, but my options are to either put nitrous back on it, or swap in a built 351w. My fastest time was actually on nitrous with the stock gears, I could never match that time when I went to 4.30's.

Blackwood

GroceryGetter w/ Attitude
Established Member
A guy with a 99 Cobra hand granaded his rearend last night at No Problem. Stampede3 looked underneath for him and came back out with a chuck of housing and part of his spider gear.

Users who are viewing this thread