Bad Belt already!!

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
I picked up my car last night and thuroughly checked out the new D/S. BTW no vibe any more:thumbsup: . I brought it to work today and one of the new guys wants to look at the engine and hear the car. I oblige and then one of my co-workers says "hey what's hanging off your belt?" I'm like WTF :eek: and shut the car down and look. I look but don't see anything, darn belt guard. :shrug: . So I start it again and look at the pullys and sure enough I see something traveling around as the belt spins. I kill the engine again and see the belt has a run. :cuss: Luckily the dealer closest to me has a belt (one belt only nice stocking level guys:rolleyes: ) So I'll be spending tomorrow wondering just how long DOES it that the service dept to change a belt. I only have 3K on the car so you guys might want to take a sec to check your cars as well.

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
Tetge,
It's AV ford replaceing the belt so what do you think??? But seriously I told them I'll be waiting with the car and they know me well. They worked on my Saleen no less than 10X. That got Lemoned if thats any indication of their quality. But mods??? Gheesh I took off the snorkel for cryn' out loud. A known drag racer??? You'll never get me to admit it while I'm at the dealer. I just hope it's something on my pullies that caused the run. Or even worse belt slippage from high RPM. Trust me though I'll be ready for Friday. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread