Bad battery or tender needed ?

David Neibert

Established Member
Recently my car car has started cranking over very slowly after it's been sitting for only 4 or 5 days. It does fine at restarting for the rest of the day. I've had this car since September 2013 and it has sat for several months at a time (below freezing) without being started, and it always fired right up. I know I could cure the symptoms by using a battery tender like I do on my other cars that sit for long periods of time, but not sure if that wouldn't just be masking the problem.

I guess what I'm asking is should I be replacing the battery or do these cars need to be on a battery tender if not daily drivers ?

David

Live Faster

Need for SPEED!!!
Established Member
My car was like that the first year I got it,2 weeks without starting it and it sounded like it could barely turn over. I left the battery in the car over winter in a heated garbage,after a month and a half it was dead. Put a battery tender on it the remaining winter till spring. Bought a new battery in May and haven't had any issues so far. For how much a battery costs,I'd try that first.

Ray Lucca

Established Member
Yes the Battery is under full replacement for 3/36. Mine was replaced at 18 months for free at the Ford Dealer. Take it to the dealer and they can test it. You are covered

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Mine ran down after letting it sit without a tender the first winter I owned it. I bought a tender, charged the battery with it and have never had another issue with the battery since.

Users who are viewing this thread