back seat removal

[iSEPIC]

Damn Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
Hi everyone..

I'm taking out my back seat for my stereo install (see pics of it in my 2001 at www.2001cobra.isepic.com ) ... so notice the seat just doesn't pop out any more, there are these hidden little buttons... right between your legs if you were sitting in the back seats, so after pressing that, it releases and the front part of the seat comes out...

Second part, the vertical seat backs, anyone know where to start to take these out? Seems like there is a black bar, with the new bottom child seat anchors, but its welded... anyone know if I can just unscrew the right or left side (that's the outter sides of each seat) where that nut is? Or will I have to cut?

jumpinjackflash

Established Member
Mine was manufactured in 8/02 and I do not have the black child seat anchor. But I would LOVE to get one. The dealer has been truely clueless about this part.

Since I don't have it, I can't be much help in how to remove it. But once you get your's out, I would be happy to take it off your hands. :)

Anyone in the Houston area have one already removed?

Thanks!

[iSEPIC]

Damn Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
Well from what I have found out so far, I'm gonna have to cut it. Because its welded to the bottom of the car, and bolted in other various places. Seems like it holds the back of the seats, and the little square child seat restraints between the folding backs and the seat part of the back seats.

[iSEPIC]

Damn Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
Originally posted by jumpinjackflash
Mine was manufactured in 8/02 and I do not have the black child seat anchor. But I would LOVE to get one. The dealer has been truely clueless about this part.

Since I don't have it, I can't be much help in how to remove it. But once you get your's out, I would be happy to take it off your hands. :)

Anyone in the Houston area have one already removed?

Thanks!

I wouldnt' mind giving it to you, but I want to keep it in my garage so I can return to stock one day if necessary.

sqidd

Established Member
I took my back seat out a while ago and I can not remember in what order it came out. I did not need to cut anything.

sqidd

Users who are viewing this thread