back of rear seat has holes!

i8u

Established Member
One on each side of the plastic. It is visible through the rear window when the top is up. I can see the foam padding. It looks shitty. Anyone else have this problem?
Guess I now have enough reasons to take the car in for some warrenty work.

1. Rear seat has two holes
2. Conv. top leaks
3. Doors don't line up the same
4. Driverside window rubs
5. Plastic piece between windshield and hood is sagging toward the pasenger side.

Hope it wasn't in a small fender bender....Fixed and sold as new. The car had 18 miles on it when I got it.

What do you guys think?

Cobra'03

Established Member
Too bad Bill Talleywhacker is not meeting expectations.

Sheehy has been treating me right - not sure if it is because they know I am an auto insider, but so far:
1) They needed to replace the rear seat belt retractor - emergency ordered it and had it one day without being asked to expedite
2) Offered to fix it while I waited
3) Called and postcarded me when the part arrived
4) It took them 2 hours to pull the rear seat and fix it - about a half hour longer than expected
5) Christine, my service rep, twice came to the waiting room to appraise me of the status
6) When it was done, she said "It has taken longer than expected. We will mail you the paperwork. You have waited long enough. Here are the keys. Bye".

Not sure it is fair to bitch about the non-stocked latch - that is usually not a stocked part.

Petzuk

White Term
Established Member
i8u,

My ragtop doesn't leak, but the rear seats do have the slotted "holes". I tucked away the yellow foam padding so it can't be seen, but the car's white paint is still visible... Not too bad for my quality tolerance...

Peter

:beer:

i8u

Established Member
Originally posted by Petzuk
i8u,

My ragtop doesn't leak, but the rear seats do have the slotted "holes".

Peter

:beer:

Is it just us or is it saposed to be that way? Hard for me to believe it is saposed to be like that.

mosconiac

Established Member
I took my '03 in to have the yellow-handled hood release replaced too. It would wobble in my hand like it was about to fall apart, way to much slop.

Similar story. Not stocked, so the replacement part had to be ordered. My car sat in the dealership for four days and they suddenly realized they hadn't ordered the replacement part!

Now I have to bring it back in to have it replaced along with the dead pedal they forgot to order and they had to beg/borrow/steal a rubber air dam for the front of my car just so they could say they got SOMETHING done in four days (original air dam was damaged coming off the transport).

Four days and all I got an oil change and an air dam rivitted on?!?! Do I sound pissy?

Mosconiac

Users who are viewing this thread