Back into an SVT

dumbstixlars

Established Member
Had a 99 Cobra for about a year in 2011, I had bought it from the 2nd owner who drove it a total of 300 miles the last five years he owned it. I began driving the car pretty regularly and it started eating parts. I ended up trading it in on my 2012 GT since I didn't have the time and space to give the car what it needed. Five 1/2 years later, I brought this home (just now).

ayuc8p.jpg

2n16lue.jpg

2cmnfrk.jpg

2naii3d.jpg

Spent more then I wanted too, especially since I started out looking at Bullitts. After being disappointed, I began looking at Mach 1's. Found a really clean DSG 03 for a decent price, but immediately started thinking about mods. After some contemplating, I decided to just buy this 03 DSG and forgo all the wrenching to my Wife's delight. Has a long list of mods, most notably, D&D Viper spec T-56, stage 4 steggy ported blower, and a 17 psi tune done my Mike Murrillo. I need to undo some billet that I don't care for, and fix a couple of interior bits due to being 14 year old plastic, but I am pretty happy with the car so far. Eventually I'd like to do a Whipple and a return fuel system, but we have a ways to go before I get to that point.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Congrats nice collection. Looks clean. Not a fan of the red pony in the grill but jmho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dumbstixlars

Established Member
Congrats nice collection. Looks clean. Not a fan of the red pony in the grill but jmho.

I plan to swap it for a normal Cobra emblem. I also need to get a front plate and a mount (that doesn't require me to punch holes in the bumper cover) thanks to our silly plate laws.

Great looking Stang. Best of luck with it.

Thanks!

She's a beaut, Clark!

lol, thank you.

I'm so jealous of your garage.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Thanks, lots of blood and sweat wrapped up in it.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
What wheels are those, I've seen them online, but not actually on a Terminator - something with a V? Appreciate any better pics you have of them.

dumbstixlars

Established Member
What wheels are those, I've seen them online, but not actually on a Terminator - something with a V? Appreciate any better pics you have of them.

AAodhan DS02's. I've never heard of them. I am not sure how I feel about them. I'll have them for a while though since I won't be able to afford the 3 piece rims I want.

21abjbr.jpg

jblood37

Established Member
The wheels don't look that bad imo. Not my favorite, but not terrible. You have the 99/01 tails too. I think they look great with dsg. Sharp looking car. Congrats.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

dumbstixlars

Established Member
Just spent about an hour or so "demodding" the car. I'm not much of a chromosexual, so this stuff had to go. I had a can of plasti-dip laying around so I fixed the horse problem for now.

2qm45ra.jpg

2h3pmja.jpg

2mhh6ya.jpg

2gxnwae.jpg

2vn5ngn.jpg

23gxo3d.jpg

Will have to sort out a new position for the boost gauge cause I can't stand A pillar pods, was thinking about a Hilton boost overlay, would be a lot cleaner, though I doubt the factory gauge's accuracy. I will need to mount a front plate thanks to my state's silly plate laws, is there a mount available I can use that won't require me to punch holes in the bumper cover?

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Nice progress man. Sell some of that stuff if your not going to use it. Hilton should be pretty accurate you have to use another boost gauge to calibrate it. There is a company that makes brackets without drilling into the bumper. @Beavis281 he bought one from a guy that makes them I believe.

dumbstixlars

Established Member
Nice progress man. Sell some of that stuff if your not going to use it. Hilton should be pretty accurate you have to use another boost gauge to calibrate it. There is a company that makes brackets without drilling into the bumper. @Beavis281 he bought one from a guy that makes them I believe.

Yeah I found one and ordered it, can't think of the name off the top of my head. Need to decide if I want to roll the quarters or not, cause I'll have to order that tool too.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Just spent about an hour or so "demodding" the car. I'm not much of a chromosexual, so this stuff had to go. I had a can of plasti-dip laying around so I fixed the horse problem for now.

You are on your way in the right direction lol. FWIW I think the wheels make the car look kinda classy.

dumbstixlars

Established Member
You are on your way in the right direction lol. FWIW I think the wheels make the car look kinda classy.

Thanks, I discovered the car has an HID conversion kit on it as well, going to have to remove that since they are in the stock housings. I don't drive much at night, but I don't want to be blinding everyone from here to the international space station. Digging through the paperwork looks like all the power mods were done by a previous owner, and the guy I bought it from has only had it since February. He mostly did the tack on visual stuff I have been removing. Some of it I don't mind (led bulbs), but the Velcro'd on parts and things like the custom painted rubber stoppers used as wiper arm deletes aren't my thing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread