Back in another 5.0

slow06

Established Member
At the end of February I had picked up a base Race Red recaro 5.0, well the car had some issues with it, Valve cover had a leak, I tightened down the bolts to spec, and the leak had come back. Took it ford and it sat there for a week on 2 different occasions and 2 different dealers, I had the car a couple of days and the leak had come back, the E-brake would not go down all the way, it would kinda pop up a little every once in a while.

I talked to the GM and he decided to allow me to pick another car, at first I didn't think I would be able to find anything but.... I found a 17 Ruby red premium with leather Recaros, I was able to swap out the exhaust I had on the previous car that I had purchased. The car has 26k miles, all stock, just my MBRP catback I put on, I am planning on lowering it, but I am debating on springs, I am leaning towards BMR.

Attachments

• s550rr1.JPG
    s550rr1.JPG
    399.2 KB · Views: 249
  • s550rr2.JPG
    s550rr2.JPG
    541.7 KB · Views: 230
  • s550rr3.JPG
    s550rr3.JPG
    285.3 KB · Views: 229
  • s5504.JPG
    s5504.JPG
    656.6 KB · Views: 222

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Nice score! Love the Recaros, wish I had them in my car. I have Eibach Sportlines on my car, but you can't go wrong with BMR either. I love Ruby Red, especially with the black PP wheels. There is a car at work that is Ruby Red with the black PP wheels and he blacked out the pony and 5.0 badges and added a black GT350 style spoiler. It looks stunning. Ruby Red with black accents would be incredible on your car.

Any other plans mod-wise? I have had my 2016 for about a year (exhaust, CAI) and I am itching for a blower. LOL

FJohnny

Established Member
Great looking color. Congrats!

Really have to agree totally with jpro about blacking out the emblems. A little more contrast and matches up with the wheels. Sweet look. And a mustang without a blower just seems weird.

However, you may want to talk to gimme11s about turbos.....

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Congrats, Ruby Red was my second choice. My fathers 16 F150 platinum is the same color and it looks great cleaned up.

Seeing you're still on the stock Pirellis, consider a set of BMR vertical links as well. Those alone took out 85% of the wheel skipping going around very tight turns. The jump to the Pilot 4S' got rid of the rest.

DSC_7813-X3.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I like those Recaro seats, too. The Ruby Red paint surely grabs your attention. Nice score!! I see a fun summer ahead.

slow06

Established Member
A guy that is training with me at corporate has the exact same car as mine, same color and interior package. He has black stripes, hood scoop, along with the black badges and gt350 spoiler in black. It looks really nice.

For now, I want to lower the car and maybe change the wheels out, I want to go a little wider so the tires will sit flush, do the badges in black, along with a gt350 spoiler, get the windows tinted and hopefully headers and a blower in the fall, it will give me time to decide between a Whipple or VMP. Any info on either would be great.

As far as a base vs premium, the cloth Recaros in the base seemed to fit me more snug, it would kinda force me to sit more straight up and not be as comfortable. I really haven't used all the features with the SYNC 3, but the navigation is easy to use and the speakers are way better than the base package. To me the head unit area in the premium looks better, more sleek and not as clustered as the bases with all the numbers on the side. I honestly thought finding a premium with Recaros was going to be hard to find and a little out of my budget, the base is a great car also, you can't go wrong with either. I just enjoy the creature comforts a little bit more since I try to daily it.

Seems like most sites are out of the BMR Sp080 springs right now. Who would I pm on the forum to try to order a set?

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
A guy that is training with me at corporate has the exact same car as mine, same color and interior package. He has black stripes, hood scoop, along with the black badges and gt350 spoiler in black. It looks really nice.

For now, I want to lower the car and maybe change the wheels out, I want to go a little wider so the tires will sit flush, do the badges in black, along with a gt350 spoiler, get the windows tinted and hopefully headers and a blower in the fall, it will give me time to decide between a Whipple or VMP. Any info on either would be great.

As far as a base vs premium, the cloth Recaros in the base seemed to fit me more snug, it would kinda force me to sit more straight up and not be as comfortable. I really haven't used all the features with the SYNC 3, but the navigation is easy to use and the speakers are way better than the base package. To me the head unit area in the premium looks better, more sleek and not as clustered as the bases with all the numbers on the side. I honestly thought finding a premium with Recaros was going to be hard to find and a little out of my budget, the base is a great car also, you can't go wrong with either. I just enjoy the creature comforts a little bit more since I try to daily it.

Seems like most sites are out of the BMR Sp080 springs right now. Who would I pm on the forum to try to order a set?

I've been reviewing both Whipple and VMP. The scale tips in Whipple's favor slightly from what I have been reading/seeing, but you can't go wrong with either. I may be wrong, but the VMP package seems a bit cheaper but doesn't include the SCT tuner, while the Whipple package has it included (but the package is a bit more money). Watching install videos is fun. LOL

And don't forget to visit the vendor threads in this forum before ordering. A 6% discount might not seem like much, but 6% of $7K - $8K is some serious coin!

I'm itching for a blower myself and would love to hear the perspectives of others here.

Again, great car and great score!

Users who are viewing this thread