Back in a Shelby

HighTorque

Established Member
After selling my 14 back in September of 2017 I regretted it every day. Excited to finally be back in a Shelby. Paid sticker for the car and took delivery a week ago. This one will NEVER leave my side

Attachments

• 6FB807DC-DDBA-427D-A3BE-C16C1ECD406C.jpeg
    6FB807DC-DDBA-427D-A3BE-C16C1ECD406C.jpeg
    34.6 KB · Views: 178

fearthesnake

Established Member
Sweet ride and post up some more pics when you get a chance. Kudos to your Dealer for not charging you a big ADM.

HighTorque

Established Member
As soon as I get more pics I will upload.

honestly the 13-14 feels much more fun to drive. Nothing like a manual trans. But this DCT is amazing. Feels 10x faster just because of the constant power. New tech is great. Has a much more aggressive presence than the 13-14. The view from the cockpit looking over the hood was a pleasant surprise. The hood lines are much more aggressive than pictures give off.

HighTorque

Established Member
I had actually given up on one because they mark ups were everywhere. Was shopping for a tremor f250 and couldn’t find my preferred spec and stumbled across the listing for this one in VA. I am in TX. 30 sec later was on the phone with the dealer came to terms at 80k on 79,990 sticker. Shipped via enclosed trailer to me the following week.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Is using the paddles fun in your opinion? I have yet to drive one

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Meh, for about 5 seconds. Getting the proper lean in your seat along with matching the rearview mirror is more important IMHO.
i've been waiting to hear from you, spill it man! did you use them much or just put it in D and concentrate on other things?

i just found a plethora of data in a cosworth download, and idk if i can get rid of the ZLE...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Not a Shelby, but I have paddle shifters in my G-70. I've owned the car for a year and a half and have never used them. Don't really feel any need to. The transmission shifts at WOT pretty much where I'd want to shift. I haven't driven a 2020 GT-500 but I have a feeling the DCT does a superior job shifting by itself.

I'd be curious to hear from 2020 GT-500 owners as far as how much they use the paddle-shifters.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
i've been waiting to hear from you, spill it man! did you use them much or just put it in D and concentrate on other things?

i just found a plethora of data in a cosworth download, and idk if i can get rid of the ZLE...

I've seen videos on tapping into all the data that the PDR actually accumulates. Fascinating stuff.

The paddles are kind of silly really. Put in in Track Mode or Sport Mode, whatever, and go. No need to deviate from the factory programming in pretty much every situation as Ford/Tremec nailed it. I did have the car downshift while trailbraking, just into a turn, and it caused a brief slide but you can just power right through it or slow down and recover.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
I've seen videos on tapping into all the data that the PDR actually accumulates. Fascinating stuff.

The paddles are kind of silly really. Put in in Track Mode or Sport Mode, whatever, and go. No need to deviate from the factory programming in pretty much every situation as Ford/Tremec nailed it. I did have the car downshift while trailbraking, just into a turn, and it caused a brief slide but you can just power right through it or slow down and recover.
One could spend hours/days looking at all the info in there.

I do wonder if i might enjoy the DCT on track, it’s obviously not shy on aggression if it pulled that on ya while trailbraking! There’s been a AMG GTR my last 2 trips and i actually love hearing that thing shift so fast, haven’t been around a 500 in person but i bet it’s similar.

My hang up will be regular day to day driving where i just enjoy shifting, i think i was hoping the paddles would give some semblance of that feeling.

HighTorque

Established Member
Nice color choice! I have a Rapid Red+Black roof being built as we speak, can't wait for it to get here

Sweet. I got lucky and found this car with every option I would have specd. Only thing missing for me is the white stripes but on this car there’s much more black so I’m ok with the non stripe look.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

That's pretty much what I would expect.

Users who are viewing this thread