Back in a Mustang.

divided

Established Member
After selling my old cobra: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/terminator-talk-229/675065-sold-cobra-its-been-fun.html the Benz I bought never really captured my attention. It was slow and I just couldn't deal with the automatic.
I am finally in a spot were I wasn't upside on the loan and decided to drop by Ford to check out the 2014 V6 M6 in Oxford white. Ended up walking away with 4,000+ in rebates and a very fair offer on the Benz. It isn't Terminator awesome, but it'll do for now. It is a much better DD than than the Terminator. officially has 22 miles on the odometer. Already thinking about a catback/gears to wake her up a bit more. The new HID headlights are also killer. Pics coming soon.

Sick03Vert

Banned
Welcome back!

I hear you on the Benz. I had a 2008 BMW 335xi coupe and even though it was quick I missed the Cobra power and the stick shift.

The new V6's are nice cars...a far cry from the underpowered 3.8L's of old. Good color choice as well, and the manual will surely make it fun to drive. Enjoy!

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
How much did you save over a comparable GT? I just assumed the only people that bought the V6 are people that don't care at all about performance - but it sounds like you went V6 for the better price?

divided

Established Member
How much did you save over a comparable GT? I just assumed the only people that bought the V6 are people that don't care at all about performance - but it sounds like you went V6 for the better price?

I got the v6 for 18.9K before TTL. Not sure of the cost of a equivalent GT. In my case I do care about performance, but IMO 400+ HP in a daily driver for me is not needed. Ultimately I did choose the V6 because of price, performance, and mainly the 6-speed. The V6 is no slouch, but obviously not anywhere near the Terminator/GT level.

Sick03Vert

Banned
I got the v6 for 18.9K before TTL. Not sure of the cost of a equivalent GT. In my case I do care about performance, but IMO 400+ HP in a daily driver for me is not needed. Ultimately I did choose the V6 because of price, performance, and mainly the 6-speed. The V6 is no slouch, but obviously not anywhere near the Terminator/GT level.

Honestly, as a daily driver I think it's a great choice. Great performance, great on gas, cheap to insure, parts are everywhere....financially the V6 makes the most sense.

Ever since they've been rocking the new engines, they have been stout cars. Sure, the GT and Cobras offer more performance. The question is, what is that extra performance worth TO YOU? It sounds like not very much, and therefore I think you made the right decision. :beer:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
do some searching, the 11+ V6 can have some decent gains for not much spent. Its already compared against other offerings like the 3.8 Gen Coupe and 370Z and shines against these. It worked over some crazy lap times at VIR while being held back by stock speed limiter.

Honestly, id do boltons+tune, put in a better driveshaft, and do a ****load of suspension mods.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member

I've seen base 6spd manual GT's at 25K after rebates. Autonation Katy had several. Cheapest they have now is an auto for $26K.

Welcome back.

wingless5.0

Established Member
Nice, my gf just picked up a 2013 V6 A6 in Grabber Blue. I used to have a 2011 V6 A6 in black, miss that car. These are great cars for the money, Nice pick up!

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
I had one for a while myself and had a lot of fun with it. Ran a 14.0 a couple of times bone stock (with stupid-tall 2.73s) and routinely got over 30 MPG on the highway. Once I added some bolt-ons, tune, good tires and swapped over to 3.73s the fun factor went up considerably. I highly recommend the 3.73s as these motors love to rev and make most of their power up top, and I agree with thomas91169 on getting a driveshaft. They sound really good with a set of Borla or Ford Racing mufflers too.

Svtkidd23

#4THGEARMATTERS
Established Member
Just rented a 14 vert in vegas.. White a6 she was a blast average 32mpg.

The power is def in the upper range.

I liked the shaker sound system. But the headroom or windshield took some getting used to from my 14 Silverado lol.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations! Sounds like a nice V6 Stang. You'll like the better fuel mileage, too, as a daily driver. With more than decent performance, you should be very happy long term. Even happier after you do a few inexpensive mods to wake the motor up a bit more. Enjoy it! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread