Back at it - New Exhaust Setup

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Well I did some looking for a new exhaust setup months back and wasn't happy with what deals I was finding at the time on stainless steel 3" exhaust for 03/04 Cobras.

I have recently looked at the MAC website, LMR and American Muscle and didn't find a lot of options for the Cobra. I would love to have a 3" stainless steel MAC catback for the car. I'm also thinking about doing ATAK's or Stingers but just not sure how they sound. I'm up in the air with the H-pipe though. Any advice on what to get and where to get it? It just doesn't seem like there are a lot of options out there right now.

I currently have MRT off road Hpipe and 3" aluminum catback.

ctgreddy

Established Member
Why do you need a 3" system? if the mods in your sig are up to date you're not even close to needing a 3" over a 2.5.

As for mufflers/midpipe combo I'd do an H with a normal type muffler, if switching to a straight thru like stingers/atak's I'd do a catted x unless you love it super loud.

NC03SVT

Established Member
Stainless works makes a 3" system. Pretty pricey though, but they do come with an X pipe. Lethal has them.

Lycosa

Established Member
Won't see much for gains if at all going from 2.5 to 3 with your mods. Check out the thread broke7 made about him going 9s with a 2.5 system. Can't remember who but the guy with the bab 03 cobra has a really good looking 3"

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Why do you need a 3" system? if the mods in your sig are up to date you're not even close to needing a 3" over a 2.5.

As for mufflers/midpipe combo I'd do an H with a normal type muffler, if switching to a straight thru like stingers/atak's I'd do a catted x unless you love it super loud.

I don't need the 3" setup, which I know, but you never know what will happen in the future. I just like having my options open. Plus, the looks of it doesn't hurt either.

I'm not looking for a quiet setup. I'd rather have what I have now, but just with better quality. I love the sound of my current setup but just really unhappy with the quality of it all. If I could keep it all the same with better quality that would be perfect for me.

I'm not a fan of X pipes really. I'd much rather have an H pipe.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread