Back after a long break, ordered a 19 PP1

crew_dawg16

Established Member
I've been away from these forums for a while now, I've owned a Focus ST3 for the last year and a half but the new coyotes are just too good to ignore.

My end goal is to keep the car stockish other than the 3.0 whipple (warranty until the 36k mark then going stage 2).

Car will be a ruby red manual (too much fun to go auto) with the 401a, active exhaust, magneride, PP1 and the B&O play audio.

I've ordered the car through the Costco car buying service which is giving me $800 under invoice on the car, so not a bad price.

Anyway, car should be here in about 6 weeks I'm told, getting a little excited for it. Does anyone know if Ford has typical incentives or rebates around that time of year?

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
congrats on the new S550! $800 under invoice is a perfectly good price. If I recall correctly, that's pretty close to D-plan pricing. Not sure if I would expect any rebates on a 2019 around your expected time of delivery. Early/Mid November may be a little too early for some of those "end of calendar year" rebates, maybe not?

Dusten

Established Member
Have you driven the new A10 vs the MT82? Its plenty of fun. Ensure you're smart with the mt82, the new gens are having shift fork issues.

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
I'd say the 2019's MT82's will be fine. I'm still pretty sure it was just a bad batch of shift forks from a supplier for a run of 2018's that have caused problems. My 2018 MT82 is still perfectly fine.

crew_dawg16

Established Member
Have you driven the new A10 vs the MT82? Its plenty of fun. Ensure you're smart with the mt82, the new gens are having shift fork issues.
Yeah I drove a bunch of different cars before settling on the mt82, the 10R80 is definitely fast af, but especially with the active exhaust I don't think it's raw performance outweighs the fun factor, especially with the rev matching the 19s will have. It was a tough choice for sure.

crew_dawg16

Established Member
I'd say the 2019's MT82's will be fine. I'm still pretty sure it was just a bad batch of shift forks from a supplier for a run of 2018's that have caused problems. My 2018 MT82 is still perfectly fine.
That was my thought as well, there was a TSB for the forks and I would hope they fixed them for the new cars coming out. If not that is what the warranty is for. This isn't my first or second or even third manual car so I think I'll be ok :).

crew_dawg16

Established Member
congrats on the new S550! $800 under invoice is a perfectly good price. If I recall correctly, that's pretty close to D-plan pricing. Not sure if I would expect any rebates on a 2019 around your expected time of delivery. Early/Mid November may be a little too early for some of those "end of calendar year" rebates, maybe not?
Thanks! Yeah, that was my thoughts on rebates as well, especially for 19s but I figured if any group of people would be familiar it would be the ones on this forum.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Yeah I drove a bunch of different cars before settling on the mt82, the 10R80 is definitely fast af, but especially with the active exhaust I don't think it's raw performance outweighs the fun factor, especially with the rev matching the 19s will have. It was a tough choice for sure.

First congrats. That said, I have more fun in my A10 3.55 car than any of my last few cars. There are so many gears and fun even partial throttle with paddles.

Users who are viewing this thread