[B]What will happen if you keep driving with 7&8 scorched?[/B]

Backinator

Established Member
As the title asks what will happen if you keep driving with pistons 7&8 having the teflon coating scorched? I have no doubt that I did this. I went on a hard back to back to back run out on the street (140 mph+) and then I instantly developed a tick in the block :cryying:. I plan on changing the pistons and upgrading the cooling system. But until I do this would it be a very bad idea to drive her at all? How about driving her easily and not getting on it at all? Just wondering what the consequences could be. Thanks for your help guys.

Backinator

dougwg

Established Member
I would change the oil...

If you're gunna do a rebuild anyway... I guess it won't matter if you keep driving it

BWH2003

Established Member
dougwg said:
I would change the oil...

If you're gunna do a rebuild anyway... I guess it won't matter if you keep driving it

I agree with that except if his driving actually does unrepairable damage to the block. Then it will be a huge rebuild

GodStang

Established Member
Real bad damage to the head can happen. I had the ticking and it was part of a ring slapping against my head and it tore it up pretty bad. plus it tore up the cyclinder walls.

Backinator

Established Member
Thanks guys for the replies. She is put away for the winter right now and as soon as it warms up I will change the oil and see what I find. Obviously it sounds like a bad idea to drive it with this kind of ticking sound.

Users who are viewing this thread