[B]PICS - 01 COBRA with 03COBRA Front bumper and Hood[/B]

KGblack99cobra

Back N Black
Established Member
Ok, Im going to do my best to clarify this once and for all.... So please read !

Common Hood/bumper combo Q/A

What hood(s) will fit my car.
Listing a few combos but by no means can I cover all setups.

99 / 00R / 01 cobra 99-04 GT/V6 bumper works with the following hoods perfectly
99 / 00 R or RR / 01 / S281 Heat Extractor / GT & V6 (with no hood blanket), others
03 / 04 Cobra hoods fit, they just leave a 1/4 - 1 inch gap above the horns of the bumper. (simple as that)
03 / 04 Cobra bumpers fits perfectly with 03 04 specified hoods
Hoods that fit with modifications are as follow:
99/ 00R or RR/ GT/ V6 / Saleen Heat Extractor and others
Modifications that are required are as follows but not limited to:
You must shave the Horns
(The plastic mold that forms the grill area and house the headlights)
You may also be able to manipulate the horns by removing the stock push pins/screws that hold it in place and push them as far towards the radiator as possible and redrill and reanchor into new location, this will relieve a majority of the rubbing that can occur without doing the previous step.
Obviouisly Shaving is the only way to eliminate 100% Rubbing (1/4 - 1/3 of inch needs to be removed from the horns).
The Push back Method, may or may not eliminate 100% but it will decrease the amount of hood rub on the horns as possible.

I hope this helps Clear up a little, I am in the process of getting pics of each hood and Bumper combo so that way People can see the 03/04 INFAMOUS GAP

99blackcobra

Last edited:

GodStang

Established Member
The 03 front bumper looks good the only problem is is that is looks ricer on non Intercooled cars. You have a huge place for a Heat exchanger and no heat exchanger. Other wise it looks great.

SnakeinMD said:
I have an 03 Cobra hood and front bumper on my car. It fits fine and looks great with the 01 Side skirts and rear. A small gap on the front is all I have. I will post up some pics!!

That looks incredible on our bodt type. I definitely doing the front bumper and hood on my true blue 01 Cobra vert. Awesome bro :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread