B-intake into a short runner

1bdsnk96

Established Member
My question to my fellow svtpr's is what is it that actually gets done when someone says i have turned my intake into a shortrunner, is it porting....etc???? Im just curious?? :shrug:

Helomech74

Established Member
Removing the runners and cutting them down in length, then reinstall runners and weld or epoxy them back in. There is more to it obviously, but that's the gist of it.

1bdsnk96

Established Member
Hey helomech74 I greatly appreciate the response, can somebody post a link with a little more info or hp gains off of it on this subject thanks guys

SVTPete83

Established Member
My 96 cobra had a b intake that was shortened and ported by pauls high performance. I believe the porting was done through a process called extrude honing. With imrc deletes, a catted x pipe, cat back and cai my cobra out down 307 at the wheels and ran 108 in the quarter consistently.

Last edited:

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
Thanks for posting this OP! Don't mean to thread jack but I'm sure this question will help you out as well.

Can any shop cut the runners and convert the stocker into a short runner intake? Or anybody know a shop that does it? I know na svt does but I'm sure the man is pretty busy.

1989Gt.

Banned
It seems pike a pretty delicate procedure, I don't know if is trust anyshop with that kind of job.

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
How soon do you need it done?

Thanks for the reply. It's not urgent, I would like to get it done during the summer break from college. I'm just gathering all the information and knowledge on the subject and relating it to my tuner so that they have a better understanding. I'm also looking for a spare manifold so that there is not much down time. The cobra gets better gas mileage than my exp. haha.

I'd like to know how the transaction goes though, just so I can have it all done right so there is no hassels for you. Thanks again!

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
I should have a core by that time so you would send me yours when the short runner is ready to ship. I'll PM ya.

Last edited:

97crystalwhite

ah whatsup DOHC?!
Established Member
Strokeme- depends on the intake. The short runner intake will vary depending on NA or FI. i know from experiance that a 1.5" cut runner and raised floor didnt help my car, but actually took power. and its FI

Users who are viewing this thread