[B]BBK TB Sticking[/B]

HPCOBRA

New*****UsedCobra03
Established Member
Just installed BBK Twin 65mm Throttle Body and have sticking off idle. Instructions say if there is binding at throttle tip-in to adjust the idle screw. When you adjust to go past sticking, it idles too high. When I had TB on bench, it seemed to rotate freely without any binding. After install, it takes more force to overcome idle. Then because of the pressure needed to move it, it goes too far and revs too much. Anyone have this problem? :poke: Thanks
Its Sunday and can't get ahold of anyone at BBK..seeking information.

HPCOBRA

New*****UsedCobra03
Established Member
Bulllitt...sounds like the same issues I have on the other forum. The TB for the Cobra is different for supercharged but don't know what difference is. If the blades are hanging because theyr'e not properly aligned I will either send back for another or just have the stock one ported. Thanks again for the post!

TEABG

Banned
Had a friend go with the BBK 65MM Throttle Body and experienced the same problems that you have. He had BBK exchange 65MM T-Body for the 62MM Throttle Body and there has not been any driveability problems with the 62MM. With a Whipple 13PSI and the BBK Dual-Blade 62MM he gained 17 RWHP. Apparently the 65MM are known for the problems described here in this thread.

Last edited:

HPCOBRA

New*****UsedCobra03
Established Member
We'll see how good the customer service is at Brother's Performance where I purchased it. If this is a chronic problem they are probably aware of it then. Funny thing is, the darn thing worked fine on the bench. I'll check on the 62mm this morning. Thanks for the input.

LT1KILLER

dirt man
Established Member
Yeah mine sticks too, I have to tap the throttle every time I come to a stop to get the idle to drop down. Let us know how the 62 works out for ya.

HPCOBRA

New*****UsedCobra03
Established Member
I'm still trying to make this one work. I have put another return spring on and helps but peddle is stiffer. Talked to BBK and the guy I talked to didn't have any experience with this problem and was interested in what I do to make it work. Some have put plug into TB and drilled a small hole in it to allow some air to the IAC. The bottom line is you have to open the butterflys enough so there is equal pressure on both sides of butterflys. Its overcoming that resistance then goes too far making RPMs go up. If the amount of air going to IAC is less, then maybe the butterflys can be open more. Has anyone here tried this?

Users who are viewing this thread