[B]1994 5.0 vs 2002 Ls-1 maro tonight!!![/B]

joegt38

Established Member
bikeluver43 said:
^Stock Auto LS1's are not faster in the 1/4 than the M6's without a stall. Unless driver error is in there, they aren't.

Tv's 03- my car is not a factory freak, and it didn't light up the tires in a cloud of smoke, but it would definitely give a quick spin. I don't see how a car with a shot of nitrous, that sprays when at WOT would just hook and go. Doesn't sound right.

Your 03 Cobra hooks and goes if you WOT in 2nd? Are you serious? Every 03/04 Cobra I've been in will definitely break them loose and wheel hop a bit through 3rd.
I know there capable of it but the autos tend to pull better 1/4s with lower trap.... Its a fact!

tv's 03

Established Member
bikeluver43 said:
^Stock Auto LS1's are not faster in the 1/4 than the M6's without a stall. Unless driver error is in there, they aren't.

Tv's 03- my car is not a factory freak, and it didn't light up the tires in a cloud of smoke, but it would definitely give a quick spin. I don't see how a car with a shot of nitrous, that sprays when at WOT would just hook and go. Doesn't sound right.

Your 03 Cobra hooks and goes if you WOT in 2nd? Are you serious? Every 03/04 Cobra I've been in will definitely break them loose and wheel hop a bit through 3rd.

Its called traction. Sounds like the 03's you rode in were very heavily modified....3rd gear roll and it spins them???? Was it raining?

The only time my car will spin them in second from a rolling punch is if it around 50 degree outside or lower. This was true stock, this was true with 395 rwhp and is still true with 425 rwhp, but it been in the upper 80's to 90's. Maybe when it cools down. I also had a 99 and 01 cobra, and they also would hook in second gear from a rolling punch. Maybe they will spin if you put in the clutch, floor it to redline and dump the clutch :shrug:

BTW, my car put down 375 rwhp and 370 rwtq stock. It would hook in first gear on a hot day too, not so much anymore

The 03's have a aluminum flywheel and driveshaft, and don't even bark the tires on shifts that good if at all. My 99 and 01 would bark the tires in second and third gear shifts, but the 03 does not. Even though its much faster. Barking the tires on a shift is different than rolling and then just mashing the gas to the floor though

bikeluver43

I'm faster than you.
Established Member
When I said through third, I meant shifting into third the tires would be spinning. 1 03 only had an xpipe, catback, and CAI, the other had the same, plus a predator tune, TB, and I think a pulley swap. But both would spin a bit in second, and through third you could hear the tires hopping in the back. On a downshift to third the (higher modded) one would have wheel hop when we went onto the highway. The temps were in the 70's when we went for the ride. When I hit 2nd in my cars it was normally a downshift WOT punch when it would spin. A roll on would not. If my cars had nitrous and I went WOT into second, I know they wouldn't launch and put a football field on an LS1.

RixSikcobra04

Charged98Cobra, Excellent kill :beer: It happened just like I said it would. Even though the SS thought he had the advantage, it was you who had the advantage the whole time(weight, hp,tq,gears,roll instead of dig)...AND THEN :lol:....he gives you a jump start because he thinks that you have the weaker car. LMAO. What a dork. Like I said before, the only way the SS wins is MAYBE from a dig. From roll, taking the driver factor out, that SS would be toast. I said it wouldn't be close and it wasn't. People who don't know N20 underestimate the huge torque gains on top of the massive hp gains.

BTW, the mustang could easily spray a 125 shot in second gear, it'd grab fairly quickly after a slight spin. Stripper, too bad you don't live closer, NOW YOUR CAR would be a better race for this Stang. :rockon:

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
RixSikCobra said:
I said it wouldn't be close and it wasn't

I was going to say the same thing but got in here too late...2V's on a triple digit shot suprise the nay-sayers just about everytime.

RixSikCobra said:
Stripper, too bad you don't live closer, NOW YOUR CAR would be a better race for this Stang. :rockon:

Stripper would destroy that car from a properly set-up dig. And I think Stripper would win from a roll even if the GT found a gear discrepancy giving it the advantage from the hit.

Last edited:

RixSikcobra04

50 BMG said:
I was going to say the same thing but got in here too late...2V's on a triple digit shot suprise the nay-sayers just about everytime.

Stripper would destroy that car from a properly set-up dig. And I think Stripper would win from a roll even if the GT found a gear discrepancy giving it the advantage from the hit.

It would be better none-the-less :beer: . Stripper's car would have a chance to do what all the naysayers said this other SS would do. I'm not hatin' on Camaros, but to me the winner of the race was obvious. I love nitrous.

BLUBLLS

bikeluver43 said:
1st off, both LS1's your talking about are Auto's. With a stall those would be mid to low 12 second cars. Secondly, STOCK 6 speed LS1's can and do often hit 12's, but from a roll they are monsters.

As far as this race goes-I wish you had a video tape because it all sounds far fetched. Even with giving you the punch, and you having the edge, your car in no way would put a "football field" on the LS1-no way, no how. You'd have to be running 11's to be doing that. Secondly, you say you hit it in 2nd and took off-what no tire spin? My 03 GT would spin in second stock at 40mph if I dropped the hammer, and you had a 125 shot of spray. This story sounds made up, but without a video you have the win.

Look at his MPH in his quarter run...that is an 11/low 12 sec mph :bash: He is running a stock suspension (or so thats what I gather) and that is what is holding him back from hitting the 11's, not his power :nono:

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Nice kill. I don't see what's so hard to believe. From the mods listed on both cars I would've said the 5.0 was gonna win for sure. You usually gain more TQ than HP with a shot of spray, 400rwtq would be a really big advantage over the LS1. As far as the Mustang hooking and not spinning, couldn't that be why the camaro jumped out on him really quick at first and THEN got passed even though the GT got the jump :rollseyes ? Sounded completely accurate to me. My car should be close to 400rwhp/tq and I don't have any traction problems taking off from a roll in any gear except first with stock sized tires. Granted they aren't Z rates, so they're a little stickier, but they're no heated drag radials either.

Ryan00TJ

Established Member
I have no problem believing the outcome. = weight, more rwhp and rwtq for the 5.0 = Mustang wins. Congrats on the kill!

old guys rule

Red Blown Sled
Established Member
Because he doesnt have a purge kit on the stang maybe he didnt get his shot of n20 right away accounting for the no spin. Another thing dont count out a good running 5.0 ive seen alot of camaros go down in flames to one. Good kill now drink the blood and eat the liver you earned it lol.

NotoriousJaegs

~There Goes My Hero~
Established Member
Don't know why there is so much raggin on the guy that said he had wheelspin in 2nd. Doesn't anyone remember "anything can happen on the street", I mean sh*t, I've caught rubber going into third on my stock '01..........'course, that probably can be attributed to the fact that my tires looked something like this at the time:

0205_Reifenkrieg_431.jpg
;-) :burnout:

~redlinels1~

I'm not a spammer!
Established Member
whats not to believe about this story? A bolt-on 5.0 with nitrous isnt a joke. As for the camaro owner, he was stupid for giving you the jump, he needs all he can get lol. When I race some1 with nitrous, im sure as hell not going to give them the jump. Good kill.

mkb116

Established Member
charged98cobra said:
I have a 1994 5.0 GT 5spd.

2002 Camaro LS-1 M6

Mods are: SLP high flow lid, borla stinger catback

One 40 mph roll up to 125-130ish. There is $200.00 cash on the line. The race is tonight.

Any thoughts?? :beer:

Well, if I were driving a car with an intake, and a catback I sure as hell wouldn't be willing to throw $200 on the line against someone I knew was more than lightly modded AND had a bottle, no matter what kind of car it is, unless I had a secret. How sure are you that he does not have a bottle?

mkb116

Established Member
Oh crap its already over, didnt see the other pages :( .. nevermind my post.

1995whitesnake

My 1st post

Are the 1995 cobras pretty fast compared to their mod motor brothers?? I just bought mine and it seems pretty quick...All it has done so far is 410s and cold air pipe....Also how would i get info as far as build date and production number?? Thanks

cKjuiced

Got Juice?
Established Member
Sprayed_Pony said:
i still think the SS should've raped you if not been right next to you, a close to 4000lb car, with a stock headed 5.0L (that puts out 235bhp or so) with a ported upper, a small cam, tb, 125 shot and a little bit of gear v/s an SS with exhaust and lid.....

did you happen to ask the camaro driver if he let out on the top end when you pulled a bit on him? something doesn't seem right, thats just my honest opinion
Once again it was a no brainer you are giving those ls1's more credit then they deserve, well all know here how powerful the ls1's are. They are no joke, but any expirience racer here which there are a ton can easily determine this outcome. I along with a few others told you from the beginning it should be no contest. With the mustang mods he is beyond 235rwhp. He's pushing more like 285rwhp+. 125 shot on top that's 400rwhp easily. His car alone stock would dyno out 220rwhp easily.

charged98cobra

Legal gru
Established Member
Sprayed_Pony said:
i still think the SS should've raped you if not been right next to you, a close to 4000lb car, with a stock headed 5.0L (that puts out 235bhp or so) with a ported upper, a small cam, tb, 125 shot and a little bit of gear v/s an SS with exhaust and lid.....

did you happen to ask the camaro driver if he let out on the top end when you pulled a bit on him? something doesn't seem right, thats just my honest opinion

Should have raped me? Well Also have no accessories what so ever, no a/c, no back seat, no power windows, etc... He has full int. He didn't let out at any end, 400+ lbs of torque kicked IN.

I guess hell I could have a 300 shot and there would always be someone claiming that my race was bogus.....

It is ironic that your sn is sprayed pony your statements make me believe that is bull shit, because u don't understand what N20 really does.

charged98cobra

Legal gru
Established Member
bikeluver43 said:
1st off, both LS1's your talking about are Auto's. With a stall those would be mid to low 12 second cars. Secondly, STOCK 6 speed LS1's can and do often hit 12's, but from a roll they are monsters.

As far as this race goes-I wish you had a video tape because it all sounds far fetched. Even with giving you the punch, and you having the edge, your car in no way would put a "football field" on the LS1-no way, no how. You'd have to be running 11's to be doing that. Secondly, you say you hit it in 2nd and took off-what no tire spin? My 03 GT would spin in second stock at 40mph if I dropped the hammer, and you had a 125 shot of spray. This story sounds made up, but without a video you have the win.

Far fetched??? With over a hundred rwtq advantage, and no interior, with better gearing vs. full interior, with a driver that weighs 100 lbs more than I... I had too many advantages, you have obviously not been racing long if you can not see that my win was far from "far fetched..."

Users who are viewing this thread