AZ Mustang Shops

Rex Racer

Established Member
I am currently looking for shops in the Phoenix area that have experience with Mustangs. Future plans include a Circle D torque converter and a Roush Supercharger (575 HP kit).

I found a couple myself including:
Foxbody Performance
AZ Mustang Performance
Car Guy (the one in Chandler)
Extreme Performance (can't find their website anymore)

I am partial to Car Guy as of the the techs/owners Gene was more than happy to answer my questions and was reasonable with price. Bonus he is in Chandler. He also invited me to come to the shop and look around. The other guys sounded reasonable and took their time with questions as well, but are rather far (Goodyear, Peoria, Glendale). That's at least an hour drive.

I have heard nothing good of AMP performance. I did call, but their prices were the highest, and given their reviews and threads I have seen I am not going to risk it since these will be my first power mods ever on a car.

Any other suggestions in the Phoenix area? Tuner+shop?

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Car Guy is a good shop Gene is a smart dude with mustangs, and so is Extreme performance, you can also check out CPR or Dynocomp and AZ dyno chip, Keith is a good guy. Stay away from AMP, they are the biggest bunch of shit heads in AZ

Last edited:

Led_Zep

Don't tread on me
Established Member
Car guy is good, I know a few people that have nothing but good things to say about that place. AZMP in Surprise is another good one (not to be confused with AMP), may be a little further away than other route, I know it's like a 55 min drive for me since I'm in Mesa.

e010740

Established Member
Car Guy has done work for me in the past. On my 01 Cobra. The installed 3.73 gears / Clutch / welded sub frame connectors to the car, as well as an alignment. I would go back to him again. They know their stuff, especially with the New Edge Mustangs. Gene treated me very well.

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
Car Guy is a good shop Gene is a smart dude with mustangs, and so is Extreme performance, you can also check out CPR or Dynocomp and AZ dyno chip, Keith is a good guy. Stay away from AMP, they are the biggest bunch of shit heads in AZ

I can agree with everything you said...

Car guy is good, I know a few people that have nothing but good things to say about that place. AZMP in Surprise is another good one (not to be confused with AMP), may be a little further away than other route, I know it's like a 55 min drive for me since I'm in Mesa.

I can agree with Gene, but the other one (AZMP)... I will just say be careful, I had a rather concerning experience there.

We are very familiar with mustangs and have done many members on here cars. Www.facebook.com/cordesperformanceracing we use Keith at arizona dyno chip to tune our Ford cars.

Guys over at CPR are good guys. Really know their stuff and take pride in their work.....

Users who are viewing this thread