AZ Coolige Track Event Pics

AzDropTop

Established Member
We had a nice turn out today with quite a few drivers showing up for the fun. The weather was a little shaky at first with a slight drizzle lasting for a couple of hours, but it dried up nicely and we ran like crazy. I got in 7 runs and I left the track at 12:15! Thanks to Kristen and Scott for a great day.

Pics on my web page.
www.azdroptop.homestead.com
:pepper: :banana: :pepper: :banana: :pepper: :banana: :pepper: :banana:

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Rick, wish I could have made it. Even if I had changed my mind to go, I wouldn't have made it. Christopher has had 102-104* temps all weekend. Even took him to the emergency room about 3:30am saturday morning. Been a long weekend for us. How did everybody's tires hold up? That was my biggest concern for using my street tires there. Looked like a good time! Great pics!

AzDropTop

Established Member
Chris,
Man, sorry to hear about the little guy. So you and the wifey didn't even get to go play by yourselves? Bummer! Does he have an ear infection?

It was a great day! Neve done any autocross before and I really enjoyed it. I can see however that tires would become an issue real quick like. Mine are fine and show minimal use, but I only did 7 runs. Another 7 and it might have been different. It would be nice to have a set of ROAD only tires for sure. Maybe you can make it in May since they are considering putting another track day together....
Rick

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Parents are suppose to be out next weekend so we have plans to head up to Santa Fe for the weekend. My biggest concern was shredding a set of street tires and having to get a new pair. I have seen some guys tear up a pair in half a day. I guess some of that has to do with how you drive too. If they set one up in May, I would consider that one too. I am trying to find a cheap set of stock rims and get some tires on them. All in time I guess.

Chris

AzDropTop

Established Member
I could easily see how a set of tires would go bye bye in a hurry. From what Scott was saying, Yellow/blk vert, if you have the right pressure it makes all the difference. He even marked peoples tires with chalk so it was easy to tell how they were wearing and if they needed more or less air. If I learned one thing from this track day it's that I need SEATS big time. I was sliding like a fat gril on a slip-n-slide. Not Good! :)

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Did you end up making the T&T at SIR Friday night? If you did, how did you run? Looks like we have our first night test and tune on the 1st. I think I may have to go out there and see if I can get a better time out of the car. Hopefully there will be no rain between now and then, and we can have some pretty good track prep. Kristen and I may be out in Tucson instead of Santa Fe next weekend. They are talking in the 40's in Santa Fe. Not my idea of fun.

Chris

AzDropTop

Established Member
Mark, Kevin-from Seirra Vista, and I were all out there. Kevin brought up his Fairlane-428CJ and some other goodies and ran 13.5, Mark ran a 12.9 in his red 04 and I ran, sadly my best so far, a 14.8 @ 95mph. I suck. Out of the 3 runs I hoped bad out of the hole once, bogged the 2nd time and the 3rd was decent, but my 60 was 2.22. I'll figure it out someday. My car is a fat 3816 with me and a 1/2 tank of gas. My only solice is that the track is a 3000' :loser:

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Well if it's your best so far to date, that just means you are getting better at it. Plus I doubt you get to the track all that often to practice which doesn't help either. Besides, I don't think you bought it to drag it everyday! Enjoy what you have, it's a sweet car :thumbsup:

Chris

Z O SICK

Established Member
AzDropTop said:
Mark, Kevin-from Seirra Vista, and I were all out there. Kevin brought up his Fairlane-428CJ and some other goodies and ran 13.5, Mark ran a 12.9 in his red 04 and I ran, sadly my best so far, a 14.8 @ 95mph. I suck. Out of the 3 runs I hoped bad out of the hole once, bogged the 2nd time and the 3rd was decent, but my 60 was 2.22. I'll figure it out someday. My car is a fat 3816 with me and a 1/2 tank of gas. My only solice is that the track is a 3000' :loser:

Hey, now i was there lol. I did end up running one run. My car's A/F was 10.9-11.1 at WOT :eek: Talk about pig rich. I ran a crappy 11.9 @ 121mph :fm: :fm: I should have it taken care of by this Friday. You comming out this Friday the 25th?

Tony

AzDropTop

Established Member
JSTA46 said:
Hey, now i was there lol. I did end up running one run. My car's A/F was 10.9-11.1 at WOT :eek: Talk about pig rich. I ran a crappy 11.9 @ 121mph :fm: :fm: I should have it taken care of by this Friday. You comming out this Friday the 25th?

Tony

Sorry Tony! Forgot about you and Joe-? We did see the 11.9, but we were not sure if it was you. That is an awesome time my friend. Glad your part showed up! Not sure about this Friday. It's a possibility, but I here it is going to rain????

Z O SICK

Established Member
AzDropTop said:
Sorry Tony! Forgot about you and Joe-? We did see the 11.9, but we were not sure if it was you. That is an awesome time my friend. Glad your part showed up! Not sure about this Friday. It's a possibility, but I here it is going to rain????

11.9 sucks!!! I ran a 12.0 brfore the KB and everything else. my buddy who going t bring me the part had an emergency so i ended up running the car really rich. It's fixed now though. It turned out to be a bad tune that i up loaded to my predator. I got a new tune from my tuner. I hope it doesn't rain on Friday!

AzDropTop

Established Member
JSTA46 said:
11.9 sucks!!! I ran a 12.0 brfore the KB and everything else. my buddy who going t bring me the part had an emergency so i ended up running the car really rich. It's fixed now though. It turned out to be a bad tune that i up loaded to my predator. I got a new tune from my tuner. I hope it doesn't rain on Friday!

As you can see from my 14.8, you are my hero running a 11.9. LOL Looks like tomorrow you will be crushing your best time!!!! Good luck Tony. I may be out there, but I'm not sure yet. :thumbsup:

Z O SICK

Established Member
AzDropTop said:
As you can see from my 14.8, you are my hero running a 11.9. LOL Looks like tomorrow you will be crushing your best time!!!! Good luck Tony. I may be out there, but I'm not sure yet. :thumbsup:

I hope you guys come out again. It was nice seeing you guys. I want to see Kevin's new ride go down the strip!

Users who are viewing this thread