Axlebacks replacement at home

Eng90

Established Member
Good day everyone,

I need your help and advice on how difficult to exchange my axlebacks at home using floor jack and jack stands.

1. How long does it take ?
2. If someone with experience provide me a simple straight forward step by step on how to do it this would ve great.

Malern28us

Established Member
Premium Member
I did mine without jacking my car up at all...it was a bitch.
I drank about 4 beers and took a couple breaks to talk to my wife and it took me two hours.
A normal person it might take an hour tops.

Eng90

Established Member
thank you for your input... how did you do it ??

i remember long time ago that i tried but had a couple of issues... like the over axle pipes were in the way making it hard to remove or install the axleback ( i think it was the driver side if i remember).

If anyone could provide me with a detailed step by step to do it this would be great.

Malern28us

Established Member
Premium Member
I had to maneuver them and made it much harder than it needed to be.....I think to get them out, I ended up jacking up the rear end temporarily to make it easier......
I swear I make everything simple hard to do.

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
thank you for your input... how did you do it ??

i remember long time ago that i tried but had a couple of issues... like the over axle pipes were in the way making it hard to remove or install the axleback ( i think it was the driver side if i remember).

If anyone could provide me with a detailed step by step to do it this would be great.

go to YouTube and type in year of Mustang followed by brand of axel back... there’s at least several step by step videos.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
It's very easy to do. If I remember correctly I had a hard time sliding the rubber hangars off the mounts. I ended up dropping the entire mount with muffler attached and it made the process easier. Give yourself an hour to do it and wear safety glasses to keep crap from falling in your eyes.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

paulyboy928

Established Member
It's cake. Hardest part is sliding off the rubber hangers. When you put them back on, rub a little oil to make it easier.

Users who are viewing this thread