Axle Upgrade Kit

NIXDSG

Established Member
I ordered your axle upgrade kit LP-S197REARENDKIT which contained a Ford differential (complete with clutch discs) and an additional Carbon clutch pack, part numbers listed below.

When I disassemble the differential and inspect the clutch pack from it, they look the same as the additional Carbon clutch pack provided with the kit. I'm confused, are they the same (from the differential and the additional pack)??
If they are different, how so? The differential doesn't have the "Carbon" discs?
I'm just trying to understand why I would remove one set of parts and replace them with the seemingly same parts.
(1) M4204-F318C 31 spline Differential
(1) M-4700-C Carbon clutch pack

NIXDSG

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I ordered your axle upgrade kit LP-S197REARENDKIT which contained a Ford differential (complete with clutch discs) and an additional Carbon clutch pack, part numbers listed below.

When I disassemble the differential and inspect the clutch pack from it, they look the same as the additional Carbon clutch pack provided with the kit. I'm confused, are they the same (from the differential and the additional pack)??
If they are different, how so? The differential doesn't have the "Carbon" discs?
I'm just trying to understand why I would remove one set of parts and replace them with the seemingly same parts.
(1) M4204-F318C 31 spline Differential
(1) M-4700-C Carbon clutch pack

NIXDSG

Thanks for writing us. Regarding the S197 axle upgrade kit the FRPP diff already has carbon clutch packs. What you're going to do is remove the shims in the diff and the add additional carbon clutch packs to it.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Jared

Users who are viewing this thread