avoid tuning hot weather??

cobra916

Established Member
ideally would it be better to avoid hot weather tuning..and wait to when the weather gets a little cooler?? with hot weather thier would be really no way to figure out how much max timing a car could take right?

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
yes and no.

In hot weather you're more prone to knock/predetonation, which means if you can get a good tune in summer under worst-case conditions, you will be very good come winter.

Tuning in winter for best-case conditions when the air is cool and your car is less prone to heatsoak, means you or your tuner might not have enough head-room in the tune when it comes 110* summer days and you drop the hammer to pass someone and your EGT's spike and you melt a piston or your pistons expand and kiss the walls.

You tuning yourself or going to a shop? AED is there in Sacramento........

cobra916

Established Member
thanks.. thats what i was thinking..im not to worried about my tune being too aggresive in the hot weather because id never punch the car in that hot of weather.. i already have a aed tune... thinking about going to all out performance in fresno to get a tune..

gamatt

Whine Connoisseur
Established Member
I got a tune last October in 60 deg temps and now that we are at 95+ every day here outside of Atlanta, I had to get my tuner to pull some timing due to pinging.

So as was said, probably best to get the tune done in hot weather.

cobra916

Established Member
I got a tune last October in 60 deg temps and now that we are at 95+ every day here outside of Atlanta, I had to get my tuner to pull some timing due to pinging.

So as was said, probably best to get the tune done in hot weather.

yea i see what your saying but atleast you have a solid tune for good weather and your tuner can turn timing down as ait go up.. but if your motor is never cool you never know how much timing it can take right?

gamatt

Whine Connoisseur
Established Member
yea i see what your saying but atleast you have a solid tune for good weather and your tuner can turn timing down as ait go up.. but if your motor is never cool you never know how much timing it can take right?

That's true. I definitely plan on reloading the October tune when October comes around again. :burnout:

codip426

Durrp
Established Member
thanks.. thats what i was thinking..im not to worried about my tune being too aggresive in the hot weather because id never punch the car in that hot of weather.. i already have a aed tune... thinking about going to all out performance in fresno to get a tune..

I couldn't recommend All Out Performance enough. Nate is simply the best in the valley.

Users who are viewing this thread