AUX input

lou1799

Established Member
where is the location of the input aux for the ipod on a 06 mustang with the shaker 500 system ..

lou1799

Established Member
i look their and the glove compartment no inputs but on the head unit it say aux input wit a button ???

silverstang23

Established Member
You have to have the cord. The car doesn't come with one. There is a 1/8 mini plug in the center console. It is next to the power outlet. If i remember correctly, its to the right. If you need more help let me know. I can get pictures. But its really not that hard

JMoraru

Established Member
he probably cant find it because they input was not offered until 2007 if i am correct. the aux is not only for the input, it could also be used for things such at satellite radio.

silverstang23

Established Member
oh yea, i forgot about that. Your right. You can still pull the head unit out an add one. If you go that route the easiest thing to do is run it to the glove compartment and set it up so that the shaker 500 will control it.

lou1799

Established Member
yeah its my gf car she has a 06 .. so theirs a input behind the shaker 500 system im going to pull it out and take a look when i have time

Redmustang47

Mustang Obsessed
Established Member
he probably cant find it because they input was not offered until 2007 if i am correct. the aux is not only for the input, it could also be used for things such at satellite radio.

+1, it would probably just be easier to buy a converter if you are looking to run your ipod, that goes through the radio waves

ZChaos0026

Established Member
i have an 06 with a shaker 1000 and there is no aux jack on our radio. the aux button wasnt hooked up on 05 and 06 models. PIE sells a kit that will allow you to hook up an aux jack into your stock head unit for ~100 bux. its pretty easy to install and couple it with a floor mount sat. radio kit and youll have the digital sound and it will look great

ThrottleJunkie

God Bless Silicone
Established Member
What's the best way to wire an ipod into the factory headunit? I tried using an FM transmitter but it ruins the sound and makes my Shaker 1000 sound like a blown Mach360.

I want to wire it straight through the dock, not the headphone jack because that would make it even worse.

Users who are viewing this thread