AutoX events this summer?

DSCobra01

Established Member
Does any one know of any AutoX events this summer in the OC, San Diego or LA area? Thanks :beer:

dmark101

dmark101
Established Member

DSCobra01

Established Member

DSCobra01

Established Member
Mannyf and Damon, thanks for the heads up regarding Auto Club Speedway and Qualcomm. I went to Santa Anita park in Arcadia a few weeks ago for a day of horse racing and I heard/saw what looked like Auto X going on in the parking lot nearby. Also, I've been at the Great Park before in Irvine and heard what I thought was AutoX going on on the runway nearby as well. Anyone know anything about those two spots?

dmark101

dmark101
Established Member
Oh I agree Damon. I'm going to Willow Springs next weekend ;-) But AutoX is fun too and a lot cheaper so you can run more often :thumbsup:

troof. ;)

Mannyf and Damon, thanks for the heads up regarding Auto Club Speedway and Qualcomm. I went to Santa Anita park in Arcadia a few weeks ago for a day of horse racing and I heard/saw what looked like Auto X going on in the parking lot nearby. Also, I've been at the Great Park before in Irvine and heard what I thought was AutoX going on on the runway nearby as well. Anyone know anything about those two spots?

the thing at santa anita might have been ford related. i'm heading out there for a ride-and-drive in the focus st next saturday.

great park. the old el toro base? i think top gear us does filming and driving type stuff out there for the show. cscc hasn't run anything out there in ages.

DSCobra01

Established Member
Yeah I wanted to do that Ford event and get to drive the Focus ST but it was the same weekend as my track weekend at Willow Springs. I'll be heading out to Miller Motorsports Park in Utah in October to do an ST even there so I'll get my fix then :)

Thanks for the info and if you hear of anything else, post it up here.

racebronco2

Established Member
If you do autox it is a humbling experience. I used to autox for about 8 years. Speeds are usually under 60mph, it chews up tires and you run in one session and chase cones in another session. You usually get 3 runs of around 1 minutes on the course for a total of 3 minutes. I haven't been in about 8 years.

racebronco2

Established Member
Road course is so much more enjoyable than autox. I learned all the techniques from autox and perfected them winning the socal truck devision 4 years in a row. Autox you can try and go 100% all the time, little if to nothing happens except you mow down a few cones. If you try and go 100% on a road course and mis-judge any turn bad things are going to happen. It was really easy for me to make the transition from autox to open track. I know several people whom tried to autox and failed terrible. They said they would never go back.

ImRambo

Established Member
Im over in the central valley. Where do you guys suggest I go to learn to autoX? I would love to try it over the summer.

CKreations

Established Member
If you do autox it is a humbling experience. I used to autox for about 8 years. Speeds are usually under 60mph, it chews up tires and you run in one session and chase cones in another session. You usually get 3 runs of around 1 minutes on the course for a total of 3 minutes. I haven't been in about 8 years.

The http://www.speedventures.com/ auto cross events are a good way to get out of all of the work/non driving time. They're a little more expensive than a standard autox but you get to drive a heck of a lot more and don't have to stand out in the sun chasing cones. Depending on how many people are at a specific event, you'll get a ton more laps than the 4-5 you might see at a typical autox day.

Users who are viewing this thread