Autoweek Presents: SVT Raptor Origins

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
That was a good watch. Thanks bro. Still think they should've built a Third-Gen Lightning though. It would have been sweet with the new supercharged 5.8...

HANKFAN

Established Member
Hopefully Ford will build a Gen 3 Lightning at some point.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Need some raptor media in here :)

saintsoffroadbravofront.jpg

img6024px.jpg

img0306zps5fb76eb2.jpg

093clean.jpg

Not my pics, just stuff I've grabbed from the Raptor forums. :beer:

Teal Terminator

Established Member
Thanks for sharing, cool interview. I'm not a huge off-road truck guy but I do like the Raptor. Because I've always been more speed-performance oriented my only complaint is I wish it were faster. Shelby actually makes a pretty sweet S/C package for them and surprisingly it isn't at a ridiculous cost. I'm glad Ford built the Raptor but I do also wish they had done a Lightning as well. But kind of as they eluded too, the new F150's are so big I think making a performance truck out of it would be tough.

And I'll take that orange & black one! ;)

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
i see modded Raptors all the time around here. VERY popular. and people thought it was a dumb idea for Ford to produce such a vehicle. lol. "who would buy that?"

my buddy works at GAS and says they constantly are doing blower installs on them, amongst other mods. i stopped by there last week and there were 3 well modded Raptors in the parking lot. one was a sick army olive drab green.

Users who are viewing this thread