Automotive laws in KY on my personal property

paynecasey

Established Member
I was wondering if anyone new the general laws on what a person in KY can do with there own car in KY when it comes to being on your own personal property. I know city limits and noise ordinances matter but in general what is the rules? I know I can't poor the gas or oil from my car into the ground. I don't have to license my car if it is to never leave my property (farm etc). Are the rules are there are no rules?

What if I had 150 acres and I just felt like making a race car track? And felt like racing my own cars. What am I up against?

I know if I make it public friendly than insurances would need to be bought.

My dad has about 150 acres around his house. Just wondering what I could do with it if it becomes mine.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
If you're wanting to make the land a racetrack, and allow others to run on it, you are going to be dealing with zoning ordinances and other civil land use laws. Also, don't forget business licenses and such when you let other people use that facility.

As far as motor vehicle laws, it is your private property. Most traffic/equipment laws only apply to vehicles operated on PUBLIC roadways.

Users who are viewing this thread