Auto Tranny shifter?

prez1967

Established Member
Greetings all...

Looking to buy an Auto Mach 1 and am just curious what i can do to make it shift better?

I know B&M use to have a Hammer shifter for the AOD-E trans... does anyone offer a better setup for these cars?

4v_mach1

Established Member
a friend of mine has a sct hand tuner that helped his shift points and he said it shifts a lot quicker then before. SCT SF3/X3 Power Flash Tuner w/ 3 Free Custom Tunes (99-04 Cobra, Mach 1) - SCT 3015||38018

Street (87-93 octane) - The street tune is designed as a daily driver program that focuses on increasing mid-range power. Automatic vehicles are further enhanced by making adjustments to the transmission's shift points and firmness.

Performance (87-93 octane) - The Performance program is designed to add power at 3000 RPMs and higher, focusing more on the top end horsepower and all out performance driving. Timing, fuel and throttle response settings are slightly more aggressive than the street tune. This is a great track tune but also works well for daily drivers that are looking for a little more "get up and go" than the street tune. The automatic transmission settings are the same as in the street tune.

Race (91 - 93 octane) - The race tune will ensure the largest increase in vehicle performance. Using the highest grade of fuel available in your area is mandatory. This file is designed for "Race Use Only", as the timing, fuel, and throttle response settings are very aggressive. It is so aggressive that we do not recommend it for daily driving as it may cause your vehicle to try to jump out from a stop and easily spin the tires. On automatics, we implement entirely new shift points and firmness settings to further enhance the all-out performance of the vehicle.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
The auto Mach has a 4r70w trans, not an AODE. When you say you want make it shift better are you talking about the trans or the shifter? A shifter won't influence the actual shifting inside the transmission. A handheld tuner can improve shifting but the best thing you can do is a J-mod.

BTW, canned tunes suck, geta dyno tune.

eddyroxx

Established Member
Greetings all...

Looking to buy an Auto Mach 1 and am just curious what i can do to make it shift better?

I know B&M use to have a Hammer shifter for the AOD-E trans... does anyone offer a better setup for these cars?

check out the transgo kits
TransGo | AODE, 4R70/75W

The auto Mach has a 4r70w trans, not an AODE.

same thing pretty much, parts in the valvebody are interchangeable between aode, 4r70w, and 4r75w, but the 75w does use different signals to send info to the computer

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread