Auto-Meter triple A-Pillar gauge pod install.

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
I posted in here because all of you guys have superchargers, and a lot of you have aftermarket gauges. Im hoping some of you have installed the auto-meter triple A-Pillar pod.

The factory A-Pillar panel has clips to hold it to the body. The Auto-meter pod does not. I was mocking it into place today, and the only thing that holds it there is the window molding.

What are some tips and tricks to get that bugger to stay in there!?!?! It almost falls out without the gauges.. and I can guarantee that it will plop out easily once the three gauges are installed. Any comments will be appreciated. Thanks.

-Homer

2003 Cobra

Established Member
You have to attach it to a factory A-pillar via the small plastic push plugs that come with the Autometer A-pillar. I had to purchase an A-pillar from an earlier year as the 03 second production run pillars stick out pretty far and don't allow the Autometer pillar to fit on.

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
I bought it off eBay. it didnt come with any small, plastic push plugs. :shrug:

There are no provisions for mounting on the inside of the pod.

Let me think of ideas tonight.. we'll see what happens

-Homer

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Someone said they used double sided tape and it worked OK.
You can buy those plugs at most parts stores too.
I'm sure there are a lot of other ways too.
Dana

2003 Cobra

Established Member
If I had to do mine again, I would use strong epoxy to mount the Autometer pillar to the factory pillar. The epoxy would be on the outside of the factory pillar and on the inside of the Autometer pillar where it would not be visible at all. The push plugs that come with the Autometer pillar are kind of tacky looking and you must drill holes in both pillars to install them. Good luck.

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
I see what you are getting at, but I should have explained myself better. My pillar-pod is a complete replacement for the existing pillar-panel. It does not slip over the factory piece. The factory pillar-panel has those push-clips that most of the other interior panels have. The Auto-meter pod does not.

Double-sided tape seems like a neat idea, though.

-Homer

EHunt

Established Member
I have a second run cobra and tried the double sided tape with triple pod pillar...it doesnt hold that well because the factory location bows inward really far..only the top of the autometer pillar connects with it...im having trouble mounting mine and having it STAY too.

n0xlf

Established Member
Your full pillar replacement pod is more than likely meant to go over the factory cover, but may not fit if yours is a second run Cobra with the different pillar cover..

Although this sounds messy, I mounted my dual pod with liquid nails (which, believe it or not, does come off relatively easily if you really need to) and superglue between the edge and rubber molding...

Took a long time, but looks really nice and is solid as a rock...

Users who are viewing this thread